• Show
Clear All

• hmmm . . sniping pilots with AT?

sure - this is great against troops
    and as even I have tried it
    (and I am very poor on the ground)
    and we all know about m95 popping a pilot
    hard to do, but not so hard on hovering helo
    (I know - ever since I stopped hovering still) have not been sniped in over a month)
    until NOW
    but with an AT???
    and while flying hard??
    many times??? from same guy?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . does not seem right to me -
    hard enough to hit the helo with .50 cal
    when helo is hard maneuvering
    but to get sniped by AT with no vehicle damage?
    bad netcode? - our server auto kicks all high pings
    or newer cheat code ? ( form of aimbot?)
    comments?

Re: hmmm . . sniping pilots with AT?

This game is very messed up. AT rockets can knock a pilot out of a chopper or tank if it hits directly on the windshield. However it should do damage as well.

I find it interesting that tanks should kill choppers in one tank round now but half the time il take a hit from a tank directly in the cockpit of my chopper and it won't do any damage.

Maybe its lag?

Comment

I managed to down a helo with my AT round once, I was well chuffed. Put a big sloppy smile on my face.

Then the bastad got another helo and zapped me right back.

Git

Comment

I still think choppers are too powerful on Sharqi and Ghost. Its harder for noobs. But, for experienced players it just means they need to move alittle more than usual. But, they are still scoring 150-300 points a game, especially when they got a gunner.

So i think the AT is a good balance, Wish they had an upgradable stinger missile.

Comment

TopGunGreg you paranoid moron. You need to have someone revoke your admin privileges right now. You are not fit to be an admin.

Comment

Shooting a helo out the air with a AT rocket aint hard it is all about timing and anticipation

Comment

As menace-uk- said, anticipation is the key. Firing the AT not at the chopper but to where you think the chopper will 3 seconds later is the way to do it.

I reckon that I've shot the pilot out of a chopper (blackhawk) twice with an AT rocket. Each time it crashed without the passangers realising that their piolt was dead

Comment

Originally posted by menace-uk-
                Shooting a helo out the air with a AT rocket aint hard it is all about timing and anticipation
                ok
                maybe
                so how many times have you done it?

Comment

Last night I killed the 2 guys inside a SU-30 with the Linebacker bushmaster gun, the plane was still alive and just fell down. I wasn't shooting the windshield, it flew past me and I shot behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                    ok
                    maybe
                    How am i supposed to know that i have been doing it since BF2 was released dont get me wrong it aint as easy as shooting a tank but it is easy enough to do with a bit of practice

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                      ok
                      maybe

Personally I'd say about 5 or 6 times in every 10 hours of playing (just a guess really).

Killing the pilot only once every 100 hours

Comment

BF2 sucks in many ways that's certain. It's so frustrating to shoot a heli coming directly towards you in the face (windsield) with a tank round and realise it just took zero damage. No pilots killed no damage...

And sniping the pilot with AT... All you need to do is to shoot the chopper in the front part of it's fuselage. A good hit gives zero damage but kills one of the pilots. I think you can't kill the both of the crew with one hit though.

Bad netcode? Sure. There'll be no patch to fix all the issues in BF2. There should be a new game instead.

It's hard to get used to CS:S again after 9 months of Battlefield 2...

Comment

I can consistently hit choppers with a SRAW or Eryx. You have to lead them a lot more than you think, and steering them becomes an educated guess when the rocket is out of your sight range. However, if the helo is hovering... well let's just say that's an explosion waiting to happen.

As for killing the pilot with an AT rocket while in flight.... that would be a first for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X