LAN bf2 with bots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAN bf2 with bots?

hello, my friends and i is having a LAN party, with about 4 or 5 computers, which is not enough for an all human bf2 game. however, i realized u cant input bots in LAN games, is there any way to get around it? possibly even bots in 32 palyer maps? thx! i would realli want to show off my flying/heli skills to my noob friends.

Re: LAN bf2 with bots?

Just load up a single player game and have your friends join the LAN IP of the machine running it.

Voila...instant LAN with bots.

Your other options is to install a COOP mod:

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      Just load up a single player game and have your friends join the LAN IP of the machine running it.

Voila...instant LAN with bots.

Your other options is to install a COOP mod:
      http://hosted.planetbattlefield.game...dsingleplayer/
      Yea he basically stole all of the answers

Comment

but you need 2 different CD keys.

I have a LAN with 2 pcs that can play BF2 at my house and this is what i know from experience:
        You can have multiple PCs with the same CD key as long as they are all signed into a a singleplayer You cannot directly connect to an IP unless you are loged in with your real online BF2 account. When you do log in with your real BF2 account it verifies other CD keys to make sure they are all different, once it realizes that they are not then BF2 on the PC that is trying to join will crash to the desktop.

so is there any way for me to set it up? 1v1 in BF2 is fun for only a short while. Then i end up kicking my little brother off and playing a game online.

Comment

Umm..if what you are asking is how to have 2 installs off of the same copy of BF2 running at the same time and playing together..then that is illegal.

Is that what you are asking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            Umm..if what you are asking is how to have 2 installs off of the same copy of BF2 running at the same time and playing together..then that is illegal.

Is that what you are asking for?
            He just wants a cracked version of BF2, I would say.

Go away you 12 year old pre-pubescent moron, and let the people who can spend money on things enjoy this game. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MrBubbles
              He just wants a cracked version of BF2, I would say.

Go away you 12 year old pre-pubescent moron, and let the people who can spend money on things enjoy this game. :evil:
              Ban him! For rude/racial launguge :laugh:

Comment

lawl yeh get ur own CD-keys

Comment

Out of curiosity, I installed the Linux BF2 Dedicated Server binary onto my *nix server at home. It runs very nicely, but would be even better if I could get bots on there, too. Anyone know how to do this?

Comment

Wow, this forum has gotten so much worse since it first came out. you try to ask something and people cuss you out. hey kid, i'm much older than you are, you can be curtain of that. How i know? well i dont degrade myself and use such immature language. You are just angry because you cant watch the R rated movies or drive a car. boo hoo.... Admins what have you let this forum become? This used to be such a cool forum and if you check my join date you will see i've been a member for a while but now you got all these kids who pretend they are so big and cuss every one out. I think you should start doing your job.

as for the piracy crap, you are all misinformed. It is illegal to share your copy but for almost all games you can have it installed on more than one computer as long as it is yours and is in your house. Of cause you cannot play online with both computers at the same time. you need to log off one to play on another. Thats what i did. However you can play on LAN with just one CD key. When you do so it does not verifies anything and so you can do it without a physical or legal problem. In fact some games like AOE3 promote playing on LAN.

What i was really asking was if when you host the COOP mod it would show up in the LAN games browser. When you play SP it does not and to join it you need to connect directly, for which you need to be logged on to your online BF2 account. When you host a LAN game with a single player account it does show up in the game browser.

anyway, i think i'm going to stick to more mature forums from now on. C ya

Comment

is the WCC Co-Op mod compatible with the patches. i remember playing it a while back but is it compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminator
                        i'm much older than you are, you can be curtain of that.
                        Are you absolutely curtain?

Comment

Hi everyone, i allso have 2 pc, and they are connected, and i play 1 on 1 with a friend couse i dont know how to add bots in lan, and i dont quite understand it, how can he join my game if i start a singel player game??? Or is there any way i can add bots when we play on LAN, 1 on 1.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by capricorn81
                            Hi everyone, i allso have 2 pc, and they are connected, and i play 1 on 1 with a friend couse i dont know how to add bots in lan, and i dont quite understand it, how can he join my game if i start a singel player game??? Or is there any way i can add bots when we play on LAN, 1 on 1.
                            A singleplayer game is still a server; it just happens to be on the same computer as the client. First, you need to know the ip address of the computer running the SP game. One way is to open a command prompt and run ipconfig. Then, when the SP game is started, the other person goes to the 'join local' or 'join internet' button in BF2 and hit 'join by IP' and enter the address of the computer running the SP game (not sure if the button in 'join local' actually works).

Another option which works even if you have no internet access (which you need to use 'join internet') is:
                            1. start a local server
                            2. other players go to 'join local' and should see the server in the browser BUT DON'T JOIN
                            3. cancel the server and start an SP game
                            4. other players can now join the server in the browser and will be in the SP game
                            (I believe this is what Eliminator was asking for.)

Comment

Originally posted by zacman13245
                              is the WCC Co-Op mod compatible with the patches. i remember playing it a while back but is it compatible?
                              The WCC mod 1.0 will be compatible with 1.21. The mod was released a week before 1.20 and was working great. But 1.2 changed code within the game, and made it unstable. A re-release is expected shortly after the mod is reworked to accomodate the ever-changing game patches.

Comment

Working...
                              X