Why do you join a squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you join a squad?

Why do you join a squad? Discuss this because I make a squad and no one ever joins. :cry:

Re: Why do you join a squad?

I'll join a squad if I'm gaming with some friends and we want to be able to better organize in-game.

Though without friends, I still make a squad, as I find green kill messagse in the top left more eye-pleasing, =)

~Salad

Comment

The main reason I join or even form a squad is to have another spawn point. Also, I am not concerned with what point to go next and can concentrate on fighting the enemy.

On Karkand, when my squad leader goes towards the farthest base in a 64 map, I'll let me go until he gets real close and then spawn on him for support.

But I know what you mean . I almost always have to ask people to join my squad and I am not happy unless we have all six

Comment

I voted "it has the most people"

because usually that means that there is teamwork happening. I will also join squads based on location though.

Comment

I join or make squads for the orginization factor. To be the best part of the game is the team play capability. I like being able to communicate with teammates.

Comment

It's helpful to be in a squad, for the most part. People can heal you, repair you, give you ammo, etc. That is when a squad is working properly, aside from that the mobile spawn points. Aside from this, the green text makes me feel happy inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
              I voted "it has the most people"

because usually that means that there is teamwork happening. I will also join squads based on location though.
              I didn't care for the options in this poll but would agree with you here. Although, if the Squad is full of Snipers I exit immediately. What I look for most in the larger squads is varied kits. It leads me to believe they are working as a TEAM. Hopefully.

Comment

In this order:
                Squad Location: I play a lot of wake, so if im dead and there is a squad on the island or near the action, Ill go there to spawn. If these squads are not good ones, I will continualy change each time I die, just for the spawn point.

The people: (based on my experience with them, not their rank.)
                If I do find a good squad with people I enjoy playing with, Ill join and stay in that squad. If I am US on wake and another squad is on the island, I will join that one to help get a point, but barring this or similar situations, I will stay in a good squad to people.

If all else fails... the people. More people=more chance for at least one teamworking squadie, so thats what I go for if I dont know any players or no squad is in a favorable position. Actually, In this case, I am more likely to make my own then join, but it depends.

Comment

Not listed.... Location.

I try to join squads in the areas I'll be defending/attacking. Then I try to stick with the leader as much as I can. I'll respawn on his location until he proves himself a dolt, then I'll jump squads.

If I'm in a vehicle, I try to create my own squad and invite anyone else in the vehicle to join (most times tanks, so if my gunner gets killed he can spawn in the gunner seat again).

If I create a squad, I'll try to name it something understandable... The best I've ever had was a full squad named ARMOR. Engineers, VOIP and commander watching out for us (spotting spec's and helo's) we descimated Sharqi.

Comment

I usually always make a squad, mainly because I like having a direct voice to the commander, supplies etc, but other reasons is if I got a friend on my squad, or just a bunch of random people, but sometimes I just make a squad and lock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtus2
                      Why do you join a squad? Discuss this because I make a squad and no one ever joins. :cry:
                      Try just inviting peoiple into your squad, that usually works for me, you at least get 2 or 3 that join?

Comment

This is true, inviting does work, but I hate to spam invites. If its someone in particular, okay, but I would much rather wait and let my squad fill with guys who wanna play with me, but many times I'm just sitting alone listening to the wind blow.

Comment

'I'm joining a squad becouse it has the most ppl.' WTF??! ^^
                          1) I join squads to have more respown points.
                          2) Its not worth bothering REAL teamwork without vocie comm in both sides AND smart teamates.
                          3) I make squads to get direct support from the commander and have some backup... without a clan there is not much teamwork realy

Comment

If you're going to create a squad and ask others to join, please do so with the idea that you're going to work as a team. I've been invited to a squad, joined and then found out the squad leader is a stationary sniper on a crane or a jet pilot that has no intention of doing anything other than flying.

Comment

I do love when people join a squad uninvited only to sit in the leader spot as the working members of the squad are stuck with a re-re as the squad leader and are forced to start another squad.. Thanks Dummies!

Comment

Working...
                              X