Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 jumped the shark on 1.2

I don't know if it's been said before but:

Aside from the bugs introduced and more smacktards than ever on the public servers in 1.2, I just feel the game has lost that "Je ne sais quoi" that pre-1.2 had. I know I'm not playing as much as I used to - anyone else feeling the same way?

Re: BF2 jumped the shark on 1.2

LOL. nice picture.

I think once the bugs are sorted out (IF ever) it will be better than ever. They just need to fix the bugs.

The performance hit that ATI users recieved from 1.2 is appauling and makes it nearly unplayable on my machine, which is more than capable.

Comment

Almost by definition we can't "know what you mean" when you say Je ne sais quoi.

However, I disagree.

There are just a new list of things that are annoying and exploitable and new challenges for me to overcome.

Like instead of watching the sky for planes, I watch the ground for claymores. Instead of worry about a noob toober coming around a corner and jumping over my head and firing down, I now worry about running across open areas that leaves me open to PKM fire.

Comment

Regardless of the content, I give your post 4 stars for using the term "Je ne sais quoi" and making a reference to the infamous Happy Days "jump the shark" episode.

Comment

1.2 would be good if it weren't for the bugs... I like how the patch was meant to be... now they need to work on bug fixes and maybe one or two more exploits. I'd rather see bug fixes though.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
            LOL. nice picture.

I think once the bugs are sorted out (IF ever) it will be better than ever. They just need to fix the bugs.

The performance hit that ATI users recieved from 1.2 is appauling and makes it nearly unplayable on my machine, which is more than capable.
            I got an X800XL, it works perfectly on mine

Comment

I have to say I am a little disappointed with all the bugs and whatnot...

but I'm still addicted!

:cry:

As for being "unplayable" - I'm using a 2.4 gig pentium 4, 500 fsb, 1 gig RAM, ATI x700. Much less than you, captJordus, and I'm still pwning noobs!

Comment

Working...
              X