Taken In Game Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken In Game Names

Hey guys I come from BF1942 and then BFV. When I played those games I played under a different in game name.

When I got BF2 the day it came out that name was already taken supposedly. I kind of found it hard to believe as it was the first day and I tried it with many variations.

My friends all had the same issue, and like me were forced to pick up a new nick.

To this day if I track my old Nick on BF2S there is no player listed.

I doubt if anyone trully has this name and I suspect it might be a bug with Gamespay maybe?

Now that I have somewhat of a clue what I'm doing in this game, I was condsidering starting a new account and would like to ressurect my old name.

Do you guys have any guesses what might be going on? How I could get my name to work?

Re: Taken In Game Names

The day the game came out ot the demo... becasue I made my account with the demo, as did many others, and these transfered over. If someone made the account on the demo but never played the game, it would remain taken, but not show up on any stats programs because they never played a ranked game.

Comment

ya, it sucks I know. my normal game name is Raptor...but it was taken and if you look it up, the person that has this account name has 0 for points, 0 for time, 0 for everything. Sucks really...especially since I only chose raceacontari cause i thought I could change it later on. My mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by shiremct
        The day the game came out ot the demo... becasue I made my account with the demo, as did many others, and these transfered over. If someone made the account on the demo but never played the game, it would remain taken, but not show up on any stats programs because they never played a ranked game.
        Good point. Some doosh prob took it then and then never played. Oh well.

Comment

yeah i hate my ingame name, but i figured id be able to change it

Comment

Working...
          X