Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font control within BF2

I have a 2 part question for you guys.

1. How would one go about changing the size and color of a font ,or text if you wish, within the game it's self for all to see? I mean when i press J or K to type a message to people. I have seen this before and i wish to know how.

2. How would i do the same thing but for the "Auto-Messages" that are programed within BF2CC. I would like them to post bigger and in bold.

Hope some good samaritan can help me out with these 2 question and i'm sure it can be benificial to everybody who ask the same...

Thanks in advance

Synkaxes

Gamefest is an event that happens in local parks, organized for the general public. Our goal is to promote the use of traditional and table top games as a form of recreation while strengthening family relationships, as well as building ties in the community.

Re: Font control within BF2

there was a way to do this with bf1942 - but i'm not sure about bf2

another questions should be:

would making a change like this affect punk buster?

Comment

Actually i have seen this in BF2, I asked the guys how he did this but to no avail i got no answer. Also i read in other threads that punkbuster keep no track of any .utxt modification so this should not be a problem as well.

Hope somebody has an answer.

synkaxes

Gamefest is an event that happens in local parks, organized for the general public. Our goal is to promote the use of traditional and table top games as a form of recreation while strengthening family relationships, as well as building ties in the community.

Comment

Punkbuster may not have a problem with it but i can assure u that many admins will as it is very very annoying to see in game IMO.

Oh yeah and theres a sticky about this so u should check that out if u still want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by synkaxes
          Actually i have seen this in BF2, I asked the guys how he did this but to no avail i got no answer. Also i read in other threads that punkbuster keep no track of any .utxt modification so this should not be a problem as well.

Hope somebody has an answer.

synkaxes

www.gamefest.ca

AFAIK, modifications to the localization files will not effect how other players see your name/chat... only how you see text in game. I have a version that enlarges most, if not all, of the text that can be enlarged. (Client side only of course) It may not be exactly what your looking for, but it may be close, check it out. Link to the thread in my sig. PM if you have ?'s.

Comment

Large text that all can see is also against the ROE now and most admins will kick or ban you for doing it so I don't suggest you do it.

Comment

Changing your names font and colour will get you a kick from an official EA server if an admin turns up!

Comment

Aside from being super annoying the HUGE TEXT causes a clutter of the upper half of your FOV. This sucks and is one reason I hated Counter Strike, servers would spam endless messages in all kinds of colors. Sometimes you just want to play and not be bothered. If you are an admin and are having problems with people listening to the what you have to say, just start kicking..

Comment

The reason i ask is that i am an admin and want to use this to warn people of stat padding ect... also i want to use it in bf2cc to advertize the clan recruiting time... Can you post to any sticky about this ? as i cant seem to find didly skwat

synkaxes

Comment

Working...
                  X