Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after install SF2 - do I need to play again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after install SF2 - do I need to play again?

I need the SF2 installed to get the weapons, right?
    do I need to play a round to get the weapons?
    I still have the old profile I will get under retrieve accounts

Re: after install SF2 - do I need to play again?

Your account will still have all the SF weapons unlocks.

So, no, you do not need to play a round. Simply retrieve your old profile, and voila.

Comment

lol on my next install I don't think I'm going to bother even installing SF

Comment

Why not? It's a good exp pack really.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
          Why not? It's a good exp pack really.
          I agree. You mean you bought it just for the weapons then?

Comment

No I play SF regularly every now and again, check my stats.

Comment

I know you play drunken, I was inquiring about TopGunGreg, since he seems to be in a hurry to get the unlocks and nothing more.
              I really enjoyed SF, I wish that the night maps worked properly, I miss Devil's Perch and Night Flight. Those maps will be really awesome once they get the textures and tow crash resolved. I've not found any decent servers in a while though, any suggestions?

Comment

i have to say i never play SF now, and yeah for me all its good for is the unlocks to be honest.

Comment

I liked Night Flight and occasionally warlord. It always seems like too many people are sniping though, makes it annoying to play sometimes. But honestly the last 2 patches have killed it, its unplayable for me now.

Comment

Three reasons I pretty much never play Special Forces:

1) Well, with my X850XT PE agp card, I couldn't. Not at any decent setting.

2) After I got my 7800GT, MYIS came out and there aren't many servers to play on, and it takes a double load to even get in. Most of the time, by that point it's full heh.

3) I'm very unfamiliar with the maps and get owned. I hate saying the word "owned". But that's what happens to me. And I really hate that gameing word!

Plan to start playing again soon though. Love the unlocks but not worth the price just for the unlocks. The game itself is good, it's just been difficult to adapt to it since it isn't in the standard rotation.

Comment

Lets say I installed Special Forces just to get the unlocks. Then I uninstall Special forces.

When I get my next promotion, can I choose a "special forces" gun? (I already have the F2000, and G36E)

Comment

Probably. The problem is that "probably" is based on whether the cd key hash is still in your registry. I think it depends on how you uninstall. The PROBLEM, is that this cd key hash is unique and proves that you own the game, hence it makes the unlock available. And if you uninstall the game, I can only assume that's because you plan to return/sell the game. If this is the case, it probably won't work. If you're willing to pay for unlocks, just wait for Euro Force. It's due out in less than 10 days and only costs $10.

Comment

Working...
                        X