Another tip for Iron Gator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tip for Iron Gator

The LongBow and the Vulcan usually prevents the MEC helos from landing on the carrier deck.

One good way to neutralize the SEALs chopper is to have the commander spam the AA vehicle and shoot down the helo. It is also possible to destroy the vulcan with the AA machine gun if aimed right.

To neutralize the Vulcan, a sure way is to use the APC so that the MEC carrier can land on deck. Once the vulcan is destroyed the top flag next to the radar is easily capped with the chopper.

Hope this helps.

Re: Another tip for Iron Gator

I've got a sweet tip for iron gator:

don't play it.

Comment

Better way of taking out the Essex AA is with the Eryx or the APC missile, the tunguska is useless for taking out the AA.

Comment

This is why the MEC seems to lose often on this map. You sometimes get teammates who will take the apc and instead of destroying the vulcan canons they sail along side the Essex trying to pic off guys on the deck or behind the carrier.

Conversely, the best way for the SEALs to dominate this map is to steal the apc and shoot incoming zodiacs.

Comment

All these things need to happen at the same time.

Take the APC & take out the CWIZ & Sea Sparrow sight & keep it down.

Attack Helo, "KILL" the other attack helo & don't let it up again.

Transport/Spawn Helo, Go high over the ship. Everyone delay spawn on the the pilot once he's in position & HALO on to the ship. Once on the ship, MAKE A NEW SQUAD. Now take the top points working down.

Jet ski in to the welldeck & AGAIN delay spawn a squad & take the inside points & work up.

MEC can push the SEALS off the ship it just takes TEAM WORK & folks willing to hold points, Squads, & Chat of some sort.

:evil: :evil:

Comment

Its all about teamwork on the gator. Getting one person out there undetected, and then getting the squad to spawn on them is the key. When the leader dies - switch SL so that you can still spawn out there. Keep the SL protected to keep your spawn alive.

You can even get the second person to spawn out there to become a new squad leader and spawn people off of him as well.

If done right, if you get one person out there, you can get your whole team there in just minutes with the spawn on SL option. Just takes a hellova lot of coordination and team work.

Comment

Good tips. Seem more for clan play as it is usually difficult to get pubbers to cooperate in any fashion with you.

Comment

or switch to the other team and tk everyone until your old team gets a flag and then switch back

Comment

Tbh its a lot easier to get on the ship with 1.2 . Theres an awful lot of people spamming flares so no chance of hitting a transport chopper with missiles and fly around the outside of the map out of range of the AA then parachute onto the ship from high above, its really not that hard.

What I see when on the Iron Gator AA is people who fly straight at the ship without the flare spamming or they fly out of range then jump from the chopper and pull the parachute immediately, its idiotic. If they pulled the chute at the last second they would be on the ship probably without anyone knowing.

Comment

take a rubber boat as AT guy, go to carier, go to midle place of boat, then shoot AT rocket at ESSEX AA ,

as comander in AA vehicle on land, you can drop a suplie crate next to it , if not beeing commander be support, so you can resuplie ammo to the AA vehicle in time

Comment

So far on public servers it seems that the APC driver can choose between destroying the Essex AA or getting to the well deck. He can't do both.

If the APC driver wants to get to the well deck in one piece he has to go flat out, not stopping for anything. There's only a narrow window of opportunity at the beginning of the round before there are too many AT guys around to pull it off.

Personally I think this is more valuable to the MEC than taking out the AA. As other people have pointed out, there are other ways of getting the AA but there's no other method of suppressing the USMC in the well deck. (The MGs on the RIBs just don't cut it.)

Incidentally, the APC can serve a second role in the well deck. It can destroy the abandoned boats and jet skis which makes them respawn back at the MEC base.

cheers,
                      Archie

Comment

One tactic I don't see often enough is one we used in DesertCombat: The Spawn Chopper. Fly the big bird up to about 500m, create a squad. Everyone joines the squad and HALO's onto the carrier. Don't open your chute until the last second and aim for the control tower. If you die... respawn in the chopper and try again. Once you make it inside and cap a flag, leave the squad so that other players can join and jump from the chopper.

Too many tards think that by flying low or flying fast they will avoid the pain of the Phalanx or the barage of AT rounds coming off the flight deck. This just does not work. HALO is the best way of going. The Phalanx can't shoot straight up and the Apache will have a hard time finding you so high. (However, when the pilot jumps, be sure to aim the nose down so the chopper will crash and then respawn... otherwise it'll just float around for a really long time.)

(It would have been nice if we could have used hooks from the rubber boats to climb up into the hangar decks!)

Comment

Originally posted by [ak]Nuts
                          One tactic I don't see often enough is one we used in DesertCombat: The Spawn Chopper. Fly the big bird up to about 500m, create a squad. Everyone joines the squad and HALO's onto the carrier. Don't open your chute until the last second and aim for the control tower. If you die... respawn in the chopper and try again. Once you make it inside and cap a flag, leave the squad so that other players can join and jump from the chopper.

Too many tards think that by flying low or flying fast they will avoid the pain of the Phalanx or the barage of AT rounds coming off the flight deck. This just does not work. HALO is the best way of going. The Phalanx can't shoot straight up and the Apache will have a hard time finding you so high. (However, when the pilot jumps, be sure to aim the nose down so the chopper will crash and then respawn... otherwise it'll just float around for a really long time.)

(It would have been nice if we could have used hooks from the rubber boats to climb up into the hangar decks!)
                          That was a great tactic. I always found it hard to tell which if i was facing up or down once I got it too high though.

Comment

I've used that tactic before, there is only one problem only 5 guys can spawn on the heli and jump out, so if it's not successfull the first few minutes the rest of the team usally get pretty ****ed (on pubs) and try to kick the pilot.:cry:

Comment

Arrghh, stop discussing this map! I've just ordered SF and I saw this map. It looks awesome. And I'm so excited to play it and other maps of course.

I'm going crazy in excitment!

Comment

Working...
                              X