Arty v. Helo spawn time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arty v. Helo spawn time

Am I the only one that thinks that the arty shouldn't be able to fire faster than the helo will spawn?

I can understand a commander owning me once with good timing, but over and over and over again?

Seems silly, to me.

Re: Arty v. Helo spawn time

I do this all the time in match play, had a few scrims last night as matter of fact. And I am the commander for my team, so I'll give you the facts.

Unless something is different, the chopper spawns exactly 30 seconds after it is blown up. The arty, after it is used, takes roughly 50 seconds to re-arm and once the commander launches it, it should take 15 seconds for it to land.

So let's say everyone gets in the game at the same time. You get in your chopper and do your thing. Once you die, and the commander knows you die, he'll arty the pad roughly 15 seconds after you go down. When the chopper re-spawns, the arty should be dropping when you're about to get in it.

After he kills you with the arty, you should be able to get up the next time. Remember its 30 seconds for chopper, 50 for arty. So, unless someone else takes out your spawning chopper, you should be able to get up the next time.

The arty shouldn't be able to kill you on successive attempts, it can't. It's either you're too slow in getting back to your chopper or the commander you're facing is cheating or something.

If your team is quite coordinated (like mine) we just alternate shots. The first shot in a match is the chopper vs chopper. The next chopper kill is my arty. The next is a tv guide, then arty. In that order. I got the timing down perfect, so that isn't luck.

Comment

Originally posted by almanac
      I do this all the time in match play, had a few scrims last night as matter of fact. And I am the commander for my team, so I'll give you the facts.

Unless something is different, the chopper spawns exactly 30 seconds after it is blown up. The arty, after it is used, takes roughly 50 seconds to re-arm and once the commander launches it, it should take 15 seconds for it to land.

So let's say everyone gets in the game at the same time. You get in your chopper and do your thing. Once you die, and the commander knows you die, he'll arty the pad roughly 15 seconds after you go down. When the chopper re-spawns, the arty should be dropping when you're about to get in it.

After he kills you with the arty, you should be able to get up the next time. Remember its 30 seconds for chopper, 50 for arty. So, unless someone else takes out your spawning chopper, you should be able to get up the next time.

The arty shouldn't be able to kill you on successive attempts, it can't. It's either you're too slow in getting back to your chopper or the commander you're facing is cheating or something.

If your team is quite coordinated (like mine) we just alternate shots. The first shot in a match is the chopper vs chopper. The next chopper kill is my arty. The next is a tv guide, then arty. In that order. I got the timing down perfect, so that isn't luck.

Don't forget to add the ~5 seconds it takes for the helicopter to get off of the ground and out of arty splash range.

Comment

There are always people waiting for that chopper.

Once I get into the "Groove" I can pretty much deny the helicopter pad via arty. I wont get you every time because the arty hits randomly but shore can make it very difficult on that yonder helipad.

The only solution I can see if I wanted to fly a heli against a enemy commander who is intent on artying me out of business is to become an engineer. Make my repairs in a out of way spot with a support gunner for ammo. It takes a bit of teamwork and a occasional dip for a medic elsewhere but it is much easier to operate away from Helipads once you are up and running.

Comment

Wake Island the helicopter spawn time is 50 seconds. If the commander gets you once he can continue to do it for the remainder of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
            Wake Island the helicopter spawn time is 50 seconds. If the commander gets you once he can continue to do it for the remainder of the round.

Yeah, well that map will never be in competition. So that map means nothing, lol.

Comment

Yeah, well that map will never be in competition. So that map means nothing, lol.
              *sigh*

Another Wake hater just because they suck at it..

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
                very true, I've experienced that :cry:

Comment

Ok ok ok...

I admit.

I am/have been responsible for doing just that.
                  it was usually, if not allways, an assured kill of at least 2-6 people all waiting for the chopper and prevented the chopper from destroying the rest of my team.

Also need to specify... i didnt do this is there was a more lucrative arty target away from friendly forces

Originally Posted by Lugal317
                  Not if you dont go for that chopper and change your play style.

Comment

Working...
                  X