Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommanded Settings?

Hello,

I just got my new 6600GT OC (BFG), I got a 3500+ venice with it too, what settings do you guys recommand running at? (All high? Medium?)

Re: Recommanded Settings?

Pick a high resolution then set things on medium. Next, increase Geometry to High and Sight distance to 100%. With 1GB of RAM you can run medium textures and with 2GB of RAM, you can run High textures.

After that, start increasing different settings until you find the happy medium between performance and eye candy.

Comment

Smart thing, thanks. I have 2 GB of RAM (Dual channel)

EDIT: "High resolution", how much approximately?

Comment

Whats the maximum resolution your monitor can support?

Comment

I guess my 19" LCD goes up to 1600X1200 -- That's too high for my computer, I guess?

Comment

Its up to you man, i have a 7800gt and i usually keep everything running on high. Sure everything looks great, but it definitely makes the game HARDER. For example if you have every setting on low, then the shadows will basically dissapear (allowing you to spot enemies much much easier) as well as enemies hiding in tall grass or bush.

Comment

Thanks, I'm running everything on high (4X AA, 16AF) still a problem, the shadows are dodgy (I mean they're somehow.. distroted and not like HL2 or any other games shadows (I've seen better shadows than mine in screenshots)

BTW, it's 1024*someshizzle

Comment

The Dynamic Shadows in BF2 are simply terrible.

Comment

yeah the shadows suck, but other than that, everything looks good on my PC

Comment

Originally posted by aeroshot
                    I guess my 19" LCD goes up to 1600X1200 -- That's too high for my computer, I guess?
                    You sure your max resolution isn't 1280 X 1024?

Comment

Working...
                    X