Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used to be no lag but....now i'm lagging so bad it's really a problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used to be no lag but....now i'm lagging so bad it's really a problem!

Everything gets laggy and game freez, when I look around. This slowdown happens for like 1-5 seconds. Then it'll clear up and be fine for about 30 seconds. And then it'll start doing it again. The faster i move my mouse around, jump and so on, the more i lag
    I check my in-game ping and it's alway's in the 30-60 range.
    I have just reinstaled the pc, and got a new mouse (Logitech MX 518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse) + a new Logitech Media Keyboard Elite

AMD64 3500+
    Radion X800 PRO 256
    2 x 512 DDR2 duel MB memory
    SB live
    XP PRO w/ all update
    Catalyst 6.2 Windows XP
    Western Digital Raptor WD740GDRTL 74 GB / 10000 rpm / 8 MB / Serial ATA-150 / 4.5 ms

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Re: Used to be no lag but....now i'm lagging so bad it's really a problem!

try updating punkbuster: pbsetup.exe

Comment

It's my personal suspicion that a memory leak was introduced in the patch. It only seems to affect certian configurations...

Comment

Try getting another gig ov ram buddy, i had the same problem, but when i upgraded, WOW what a difference, loads quick, always play on 64 maps with no lagg at all. you need a gig of ram free to play bf2/sf.

Comment

Originally posted by markus1012
          Try getting another gig ov ram buddy, i had the same problem, but when i upgraded, WOW what a difference, loads quick, always play on 64 maps with no lagg at all. you need a gig of ram free to play bf2/sf.

Do you really think 2 gb ram is needed? If yes. do i buy 2x512 ram more, or 1 gb ram?

Comment

An additional gig of RAM may help but you stated in your original post that the game used to run fine and now there is a laggy effect. If something is/was wrong with your PC or the game installation itself, an additional gig of RAM won't fix that.

BTW use large modules instead of 512's.

Comment

@Teaser - I started getting the same lag as u mentioned, more lag effect the faster I moved my mouse. I too have a logitech usb mouse, though the mx510. Been driving myself nutz trying to smooth it out. Funny thing, I was running BF2 on Win2K Pro (an usupported OS by EA) and it was perfect. Installed XP Pro, just be4 1.2 and it was choppy as hell, had to adjust teh render frames ahead in D3D settings(Nvidia). Also, TeamSpeak post 1.2 patch only works for about 5 mins, then starts cutting out, and nobody can hear me.

@Shamus - This is the 3rd time I've heard similar suspicion of a new memory leak... Any other threads/links discussing this?

Comment

Originally posted by H4ZM4T

@Shamus - This is the 3rd time I've heard similar suspicion of a new memory leak... Any other threads/links discussing this?
                I think I have seen one other mention as well but my claim is based upon observation. One of my systems will bog down over time as if it has a memory leak yet the other doesn't. THis is all post 1.2 patch. When I monitor the peak commit charge on the lagging PC, I noticed that it doesn't vary as much as it should; instead, it continues to increase the current commit charge to almost the same size - like a driver or other .dll file is loaded multiple times without being properly released for future cycles and page calls.

Still, it is just my suspicion and it doesn't affect all configurations.

Comment

Working...
                X