mod idea topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mod idea topic

We need an all swat-style CQB mod. Swat weapons, models, and indoor maps. I guess thats kind of like rainbow-six.

I was really excited to hear about the SWAT mod coming out, but then I saw a screenshot and saw that it still uses the old BF2 maps. maybe the swat mod team could make custom maps for the mod? *hint hint* :P

Comment

Originally posted by mbuna
      how about an every man for himself mod?
      It's out already - called bf2

Comment

Originally posted by pertti_pasanen
        It's out already - called bf2
        nice!

Comment

Originally posted by PantsLlama
          We need an all swat-style CQB mod. Swat weapons, models, and indoor maps. I guess thats kind of like rainbow-six.
          nah - IMO bf2 cant handle much indoor action - this being because your map would have to be in a static and as we all know BF2 just cr@ps up in these sorts of situations...

let iron gator be an example of this

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Fullforce
            Star Wars - already a mod out there.

Dont ever let that stop you, if you think you can do it better, or maybe just different, go for it..

Comment

BBOB, there are 8 WWII mods competeing with FH2 because of that thinking lol.

Comment

Yeah, and why not?

Competition makes the overall quality better, makes it easier to find the mod that suits YOU the best...

And I know there will be a crowd of drooling FH fanboys jumping me for this, but from what I have seen, the FH team concetrates on gorgeous visuals rather than gameplay.. (laser accurate rifles is not really what I want..)

Comment

Laser accurate rifles is what WWII had for the most part lol. Bolt Action rifles are very, very accurate.

But anyways, the point is that teams waste their time kinda. The big mods draw the community, while all this work goes into the small mods and never gets played.

Comment

Originally posted by UH60BHPilot
                    Laser accurate rifles is what WWII had for the most part lol. Bolt Action rifles are very, very accurate.
                    hehe tht is a very very generalized statement lol... it may interest you to know tht the british enfield had an effective range of 1000m and tht on average british forces engaged enemy at a range of 800m... go down to a field or something to get an idea of how far away 800m is... then look at the sight of an enfield or similar bolt action rifle of that period (and feel the weight) and it wont surprise you that more than 90% of fire didnt hit its intended target and even less of that caused fatal injuries...

laser accurate rifles? only in the hands of a trained professional with a good scope.... on a good day...

yes FH2 is going to pwn all BBOB i can tell you personally that gameplay makes up a very considerable part of the FH ethos. All one has to do is look back to FH1 to see this it has good visuals because it has good skinners and an excellent support network

jimbob out

Comment

FH is what got me into gaming, .5

But as they updated they pushed the engine beyond what was healthy, thats my beef with FH, they dont seem to realize there is limitations..

I'll take RO any day, much better WWII vehicle/infantry simulation..

Comment

Originally posted by kill_da_noob
                        'sigh'we can only get sued if we sell stuff made from that and look at first strike its based on star wars and nothing bad has happend.Yet.

Squeak I already put that.
                        Agreed , just do it and suck in and see !

Comment

That's not true you can get sued for almost anything especially if the plantiff has a high-powered lawyer with a lot of hours to bill. Whether you are guilty or not that isn't really an issue since most individuals will be broke before the judgement is ever made.

Anyway, if you have a good idea or model you want incorporated in a game and won't get me sued, PM me.

Originally posted by kill_da_noob
                          'sigh'we can only get sued if we sell stuff made from that and look at first strike its based on star wars and nothing bad has happend.Yet.

Squeak I already put that.

Comment

I was really excited to hear about the SWAT mod coming out, but then I saw a screenshot and saw that it still uses the old BF2 maps. maybe the swat mod team could make custom maps for the mod? *hint hint* :P
                            Are you talking about the SWAT mod that its website is habnet.org?

Comment

Sorry about not responding to your posts its march break and I'm not home.
                              Isn't this just getting a little off topic.This topic was made for giving sugestions not judging them.

Comment

Working...
                              X