Newb Question about log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Question about log

No, I'm not talking about the big, heavy, wooden toy that was advertised on Ren and Stimpy. (god I'm old)

Is there a way to scroll up the log (upper most text block in the top left hand corner of the screen) so you can see what happened before the four lines that are displayed. I haven't figured out how to do this yet and it would help when trying to decide how to vote on a kick/mutiny. It would also help when you are playing a 64 player map and people die faster than you can read. Thanks in advance

Re: Newb Question about log

try using the ~ key. That brings up the console command screen, but I am not sure off the top of my head that you can scroll within it.

Comment

Yeah, I though of that as I was posting this but didn't know if it could be scrolled. Thanks anyway

Comment

It's tricky though, as new deaths occur, the log tends to scroll down really quick. You will constantly be hitting page up.

Comment

"What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
          Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
          What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
          It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
          It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
          Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
          Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!"
          -From Blammo

Comment

Sweet. I'm not the only guy here over 25 that still remembers (or watches) cartoons from back in the day.

The reason I ask this is because I feel really bad when someone is desperately trying to kick a player but I can't tell if the kicker is a sore sport or the kickee is a TKer.

Another quick newb question if I may. When in the forums I see people with their names in red and a big bold BANNED under them. Does this mean the person was banned from your BF2 server or from the forums (or both)?

Comment

once upon a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
                Another quick newb question if I may. When in the forums I see people with their names in red and a big bold BANNED under them. Does this mean the person was banned from your BF2 server or from the forums (or both)?
                I believe that means they were given a one or two week ban because they violated the Code of Conduct for the forums. Admins, feel free to correct me. I've never been banned before so I wouldn't know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X