People who are having sound problems after 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who are having sound problems after 1.2

Well I was one of those people up until last night. I accidently fixed this problem I was having after the 1.2 patch. About 2 weeks ago I upgraded my computer with a new mobo, cpu, you know the works. Well it came with a onboard soundcard, SoundMax Audio. I tried everything in the world to see what the problem was as to why most of the time I couldnt hear weapons firing including the artillery. I disabled EAX, changed the sound settings nothing worked. Well last night I put in my Emu Pro 0404 card and behold my onboard sound card was disabled automatically. I called ASUS thinking it was a bad board because I never had the problem of using 2 soundcards in any other computer I have ever owned. Well it seemed the onboard soundcard will disable itself if you use another internal soundcard. After about 10 mins talking to Asus I wanted to test some stuff out. I had a SBLIVE card in a box I havent used in 3 years, I installed it perfectly. Then I put in my Emu 0404 and it installed perfectly. Then I started BF2 and whamo I could hear every single shot, artillery, tanks, et...I was amazed what I was hearing. So, if you are having problems more likely it could be the onboard soundcard could be an issue. Not on you part but DICE's. I truly believe in finding fixes to improve the performance of the game they FORGOT to tweak the fixes. BTW I am using WinXP x64 and the 64bit SBLIVE drivers and have not one single issue with my sounds now. I wanted to let others know about this just in case they are using an onboard card.

Re: People who are having sound problems after 1.2

I'm missing sounds with my X-Fi Xtreme Music

Comment

as of late i have been getting weird noises in bf2, it sounds like really high pitched ringing sometimes (similiar to the noise after going to a concert or other loud event). but it only happens in BF2, im listening to music right now and it sounds fine, but in BF2 it randomly comes up Im using a SB audigy so not sure what the problem is

Comment

Have you made sure that your mic playback volume is muted?

Comment

maybe the SBLIVE 64bit drivers are what fixed my issue. I really dont know but I do know I can hear stuff I didnt hear before which is great. I think Dice need to do some simple tweaking and it will resolve the bug/issue.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Prophet. Most of the sound issues we are having are missing weapons fire noises. Not ALL the time, but when someone pops up in front of you and you die....having never even heard the enemy gunfire.

This is DEFINATELY a bug caused by the patch, as I am using a Soundblaster Audigy 2 card...which worked PERFECTLY before the patch.

Hopefully 1.21 will fix it again.....but your tips may help someone with onboard audio issues.

Thanks,

Haze

Comment

Originally posted by Geiger
              as of late i have been getting weird noises in bf2, it sounds like really high pitched ringing sometimes (similiar to the noise after going to a concert or other loud event). but it only happens in BF2, im listening to music right now and it sounds fine, but in BF2 it randomly comes up Im using a SB audigy so not sure what the problem is
              fool. this sound comes up when a bomb or a tank or something explodes practically near or beside you to simulate what happens in real life, which is that ringing noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus

Like what? I have the same card as you.

Comment

I'm intermittently missing sounds from APC turrets, cannon sounds from the Cobra and Havoc, and occasional small arms fire sounds.

Comment

Same here, Same random missing SFX that TONS of others X-FI or NOT are having.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with the X-Fi...it has EVERYTHING to do with the v1.2 patch.

Maybe X-Fi users are more vocal and picky because they are so used to superb sound quality

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with the X-Fi...it has EVERYTHING to do with the v1.2 patch.

Maybe X-Fi users are more vocal and picky because they are so used to superb sound quality

yeah I have the problem too. It seems to happen a lot right when I spawn, but it will hapen at other times. Like when I see tracer bullets flying by me, turn around, and see a support guy prone and spraying bullets all around me

Comment

Working...
                        X