how do u limit bandwith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do u limit bandwith

i was just wondering how to limit bandwith going to a computer on a lan...me and my sister's computer is hooked up on a LAN and shes always on AIM and browsing through the internet and dling loads of stuff...and whenever im playing bf2..it lags like heck (when shes on) and i was wondering if theres a way that i can limit her bandwith so that her dl speeds will drop like a rock so i can take advantage of our T1

Re: how do u limit bandwith

If you have a T1 2 computers won't slow it down. You probably have Cable or DSL. As far as I know there is no way to limit bandwidth without setting up a complex network.

Comment

What you need is http://www.netlimiter.com

It let's you set limts on upload and download. It can set limit overall or on each application/process. Trial version is available.

So install it on your sister's PC and limit her bandwidth. No reason in installing it on both, only on the one that needs to be limited.

Comment

thanks..ill check it out..and btw...
        the T1 is slow becuase my dad also runs a mail server and a few web servers

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          i was just wondering how to limit bandwith going to a computer on a lan...me and my sister's computer is hooked up on a LAN and shes always on AIM and browsing through the internet and dling loads of stuff...and whenever im playing bf2..it lags like heck (when shes on) and i was wondering if theres a way that i can limit her bandwith so that her dl speeds will drop like a rock so i can take advantage of our T1
          ahhi hate when im doing good and my sister is on limewire or something that sends my ping though the roof!

Comment

You can try this http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=426. I have been using it for a while now with 4 pc's and voip running over cable. It didn't eliminate all the lag but most of it.

Or you could just trash her pc...LOL.:ar15:

Comment

Working...
            X