Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many support issues are due to faulty Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many support issues are due to faulty Ram?

Bought an Emachine last July, upgraded Ram to 1g from 512 chosen by Geek squad (which was 1st mistake.)...bought and loaded BF2 after 5 attempts, was not able to load any patch....encountered crash after crash....reinstalled BF2 countless times and could only access 40 servers (unpatched).. basically i was in McHales navy hell........finally system crashed..Geeks sent off to repair center saying the mobo was bad.....came back saying the Ram was not seated correctly...Had SAME issues again ...then..

thanks to Talus (moderator), he suggested that I run a memtest..http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp and damn......FAILED ALL TESTS....RAM was proprietary and specific to emachines......upgraded to 1.5g and presto smooth as butter....loaded bf2 bf2sf and latest patch.....smooth as butter......

A HUGE thanks to Talus for his help to a peep.....I am in BF2 Heaven I wonder how many of the other multitude of threads showing similar issues are due to faulty Ram?

Thanks for all your help Talus!

Re: How many support issues are due to faulty Ram?

It wouldn't be so bad if BF2 wasn't so danged hard on our hardware

I'm would be sooooooooooooo happy (and probably bored with no more support threads on these forums ) if DICE (and EA would let them) would dedicate a few guys and an entire patch to OPTIMIZING this beast!!!!

Glad to hear you're back on the Battlefield!

Comment

Working...
    X