Support class!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support class!!!

I have never, ever played the support class before, but after patch 1.2, it has becomed my new favourite.... It has a damn good accuracy, and u never have to think about reloading in a shoot-out...

It´s basicly a meat grinder...

After I started out with support, I ended up with a score like 100+ Every round... All as a ground-infantry/support... Man, I love it..

Re: Support class!!!

I noticed you got a lot of misc points, for ammo bags, and what not. I play support a lot too, but I never get that high, mainly cause all i do is shoot people, I don't go around giving out ammo bags. I probably should start.

Comment

Looks to me like the other team sucked...

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
        Looks to me like the other team sucked...
        and hard !!

also, lock this thread, it's the 5025642164254787 thread how great the support class is now

Comment

Originally posted by loonsluv
          I noticed you got a lot of misc points, for ammo bags, and what not. I play support a lot too, but I never get that high, mainly cause all i do is shoot people, I don't go around giving out ammo bags. I probably should start.
          I had 37kills= 77 points... And a total score of 114.. Wich means that 77 of 114= 67,54% ...

67,54% of such a high score, belongs to "klling" the soldiers of the opposite force is damn good... 40 point were from caping flags and gving ammo-supplies to other..

But I say again... 67,54% of 114 , or 77 kill-score in a round is pretty good, no matter what... And when the K/D = 37-7, for a ground infantry is really good.. (About the same K/D, as if u r whoring a tank on at a good day..)

Comment

sorry, but old news mate. There are like 20 topics about this all over the forum:evil:

Comment

Yeah soldat im the same i never used support up until the 1.2 cause the gun was like using a dam pea shooter..i score over 100 on most rounds now but i am constantly dishing out ammo bags

Comment

Havn't been playing much of the new patch but these support threads are getting really repetetive and boring. Basically it's the absolute best anti-infantry class right now and you're pretty much abusing that if you only play as support for points. But whatever, no point in bringing this up to the shameless bf2 community. It sucks that the patches take 787784754897475 aeons to come out. They should really test the patches with the community and be ready to fix bogus changes with a patch immediately afterwards.

Or, you know what? They should just ****ing test the patch out properly. How did this slip by? Was it not obvious that the support class would be overplayed? The assault class should be the most popular if anything, especially for anti-infantry, but the noob toob wasn't the way to go. So sloppy, so sloppy.

I've only played once or twice and got raped by PKMs at ridiculous ranges in ridiculous situations. I knew the patch would mess up the game, but they've really surprised me this time! They caught me off guard because I had very little idea it would be the support class spoiling our fun now. ..Unless you play because you think other people care about your stats, then you're having fun.

Comment

I find medics to be the most annoying these days though. Notice how the medic has a higher score than him. I never figured out how or why exactly, but medics seem to outscore my support.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannon
                    I find medics to be the most annoying these days though. Notice how the medic has a higher score than him. I never figured out how or why exactly, but medics seem to outscore my support.
                    Mostly due to the reviving scores they tend to gather up rather quickly in large games, though their unlocks are a bit annoying to get killed by all the time

Only thing with support is that you have to be prone to get the best out of their guns or in the very least crouching. Still good to see that they are actually useful now.

Comment

First time I played support with this patch I got this:

Comment

Originally posted by NorskSoldat
                        I had 37kills= 77 points... And a total score of 114.. Wich means that 77 of 114= 67,54% ...

67,54% of such a high score, belongs to "klling" the soldiers of the opposite force is damn good... 40 point were from caping flags and gving ammo-supplies to other..

But I say again... 67,54% of 114 , or 77 kill-score in a round is pretty good, no matter what... And when the K/D = 37-7, for a ground infantry is really good.. (About the same K/D, as if u r whoring a tank on at a good day..)
                        Hey it's ok to pat yourself on your back but don't go and give yourself a full deep tissue body message.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
                          Hey it's ok to pat yourself on your back but don't go and give yourself a full deep tissue body message.
                          Calm down... Like I stated.. The score is pretty high for a grond infantry (without whoring a vehicle)... I have not acchieved this kind score, round after round after round... With any other kit, than Support... Let´s state that for a fact...

So after 1.2, the support kit have becomed my favourite kit nr. Uno!
                          And I belive that goes for the most of us...

Of course u have those über-players. wich manage to get 150++ with any kits, and a k/d ratio of 10/1+++ for every round, but that doesnt change the fact, that Support, at least for me, have improved my GROUND-soldier scores .

Comment

Support improved your score because it's overpowered right now. The initial accuracy on it is entirely too tight. They need to loosen up the starting deviation but ensure that it has a reasonable cap. So what happens is you have to use burst and suppress an area. Currently you can use burst and pick off individual soldiers are rather long range.

The support class is just that... for support. It should not be the primary weapon system out there. I'm in the army and the it's broken down is that M16 is for killing and the SAW is used for supression. Keep their heads down with the high rate of fire and then flank them with M16's to kill em.

Comment

I am in the army to... The Norwegian..serving as a officer (2nd.Lieutnant), and have a desc-job from 08-00-15.00 every day.. But I have been trough all the field-pieces as well... (From standard assault, support, medic and sniping)... And let me put it this way..

At the support-gunny side, I have used MG-3 and MG-36, and both of them are extremly accurate... The support-machine guns in BF2, before the 1.2, were pretty much useless... Now they have improved them to the more realistic, and given them a BOOST, so people actually use them...
                              But this aint about realistic.. How often do u see a bunch of snipers, assault´s. medics and AT´s storming the battlefiled,running between hostile and friendly arty, while the choppers are hovering a couple of meters in the air???.. This game aint about realisme... Its about GAME-play...
                              But I agree with you... Assualt should be the "standard" soldier-vs-soldier kit... But most people prefers to play Medic (Cause it give u so much more... A accurate rifle, the possibility to heal ur self, heal others)... And the same goes for the support now... Their Machine-gun is deadly-accurate, u never have to think about realoading ur gun in the middle of a fire-fight... U have supply-boxes etc.)
                              Why is that??.. Why does most people prefer to play every kit, except the kit wich were ment for SOLDIER Vs. SOLDIER??.. Cause the assualt kit sucks... The G-3 is accurate and powerfull.. But the clip is to damn small... U have to reload in every shoot-out.. Wich makes u almost ueseless for a couple of sec.. The same goes for the M-16/m-203... It fires burst.. Wich pretty much sucks at CLOSE,CLOSE,CLOSE combat... It does a small percent of damage.. ETC..

The standard equiped rifle for grunts in the Norwegian army is the german produced H&K G-3, with a 7.62mm*51.. Wich is a really powerfull rifle... It´s robust... It have a good accuracy... The problem with the rifle is the weight.. It´s alomst 4.7kg (When fully loaded)... ca. 9 lbs.. Wich is pretty heavy, compared to the american M-16 -5.56m

Had it been realisme, u would have taken out cars and light-armored vehicles with the powerfull G-3... But again.. It aint about realism...

I wish they had made the G-3 an extremly powerfull-Overkill, and the M-16 either fully automatic (Vent back to the classic Vietnam style), or/and more accurate/powerfull...

Untill than, I will prefer playing support or Medic..

Comment

Working...
                              X