X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the Perfect squad

Hey all....I am going for a session tomorrow night with 4 other mates

please post below your ideal setup for a 5 man squad....and why

I will go Squad Leader and will be a Medic to give a good spawn point and to refresh injured squddies.....so you must pick the other 4 members

oh yeah....probably playing either Wake or Karkand 24/7

Re: what is the Perfect squad

As a general rule, I recomend not going with medic for SL. I'd hand the duty off to one of your squadies.

Why?

'Cause you're the most important man on the squad. You need to be kept alive. You can't revive yourself! If you've only got 5 guys, you'd really need a second medic to be effective. That cuts down on the versitility of the squad.

Personally, I'd suggest going support as SL. You've got better armour (thus better survivability), can pass out ammo, and you're well suited to taking a tactical position and providing cover fire while your guys spawn off you and attack.

As for the others... well if it's a staight up 5 on 5 infantry match, I'd suggest going heavies with medic support.
    Second support
    2 medics
    1 Assualt.

If you don't have vehicles and assets to deal with, go with heavy firepower and survivability.

Comment

umm.. other than that...
      every sqaud member don't give a damn to each other?

Comment

Originally posted by fore a lot
        umm.. other than that...
        every sqaud member don't give a damn to each other?
        ^ not sure what that means, is it that you think it doesnt matter who is on your squad cos they will all be all over the place and wont listen to a word you say, yeah true but I think he is playing with people he knows,

Can I join the squad, lol, I really want to start playing more teamplay style so in my squad id go

SL: medic
        2: support
        3: support
        4: spec ops
        5: snipper/ anti tank, according to situation and map

but the main thing is stick together and work together and most combinations will work because so many public servers people dont play team play so you have an advantage, and I think the squad really depends on how your playing, and what map, like if you have a tank team you need a engi etc

Comment

I think a medic SL is a good idea, he should hang back to be a reliable spawn point. I hate when the SL is the first one in the door and gets himself killed. A medic can heal himself, keep himself alive, and still offer some good support, the new unlock rocks.

A second medic is a good idea, and with the new PMK craze going on a close range support sniper comes in handy.

I had a match with like 5-6 medics in the sqaud once, we were unstopable. Like roach's once we go into a base there was no getting rid of us, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel
            I had a match with like 5-6 medics in the sqaud once, we were unstopable. Like roach's once we go into a base there was no getting rid of us, lol.
            On the flip side, I earned my chopper ribbon of a squad like this.
            They just kept reviving each other and I just kept mowing 'em down with the cannon. At one point, I let the last guy live just so he could feed me a few more points by hopelessly bringing his 'mates back.

I had a good pilot.

There's one thing that can make being a medic as SL a good idea. If you're mates are smart, they can grab your kit and bring you back if you end up eating it. Still, I feel it's better to have a good medic who sticks next to you while you take care of other duties. You can still hang back, but atleast you've got a solid chance of doing some harm with your PKM.

This debate actually came up in a scrim I was part of. I got thrust into the SL position. Went support and had a good medic back me. We dun great.

Comment

I never liked support for assaulting a flag, but since the beefing up from the patch that's probably differant now.

Comment

I find it's really the best suited to the role of SL. No, it's not great for assualting a flag, but it is great for taking up a tactical postion that cover's the flag while your boys go do the assualting. If they die, they fall back to you and go again. Keep that medic close by, tho. He's extra eyes to stop someone from sneaking up on you and he's life if the manage to anyway.

Comment

It depends.....You can not list the kits that your squad members should pick and stick with it the entire round.That's is terribly wrong.

There is a tank or an APC and you are in trouble? 5 AT guys, 1 medic if it is a one time thing. Or if they keep coming back, meaning you have a vehicle whore to deal with, then 4 AT, 1 medic, 1 support. OR 5 AT, 1 support if your guys are good at staying alive.

Are there a lot of infantry? There are less vehicles? You are assaulting a flag not in a close combat? Go for 5 support, 1 medic. You will OWN the battlefield, nothing, even the snipers or the Assault will stand in front of you. Imagine having 5 support guys with PKMs all lined up in the valleys of karkand openning fire. Nothing will survive

You are in a close combat situation? Then go for 1 support, 1 medic, 2 spec-ops, 2 assault.

You want to vehicle whore? (possible) go for 2 engineers, get 2 APCs or 1 Tank 1 APC, each one will have engineer. Then have a medic, and the rest is support. So thats 2 engineer, 1 medic, 3 support.

You might have all these variations in a round which that's what I do. It all DEPENDS on the team you are playing against.

Comment

-2 medic (to heal and revice offcourse, and one back up )
                    -1 suport (to resuplie the AT and sepc ops guy, or other team members , also rocks with PKM)
                    -1 spec ops (C4 can come in handy, and has a good primary weapon)
                    -1 AT guy (with DAO for close combat, so you have a guy on the team who is great in close combat and has the weapon for armor or other vehicles)

This is somewhat the invincible squad, take it from me

Comment

Bottom line -

A medic is always critical.

The rest depends on map type. Lots of vehicles - you need engineer and AT kits. Infantry maps - forget assault, you just need support. For the lonewolves, spec ops and sniper.

Comment

For flag defense:

1 sniper to set claymores around the flag. This will easily kill up to 5 enemies of an assault detachment on the flag. In some cases you might want to spare claymores to cover your own position.

support to give ammo to the sniper, 5 claymores is better than 2. The firepower helps too, prop him up where he can see the flag well, and you're set.

at least one medic, if you have 2 you can spread your group out a bit, making you less vulnerable to artillery.

AT or a second support unit, depending on what you're facing. Frankly the chances of a single at guy taking out a tank these days aren't that great, but two support gunners will keep any infantry out of play for a good while. If you're positioned so you're not immediately visible to tanks capturing the flag, you may consider letting them capture and leave, then going to get the flag back. The sniper and support will hang back and kill any enemies near the flag while a couple of others capture.

I don't think it matters that much what class the squad leader plays, as for this type of defense you'll be using fixed positions a lot anyway, so in most situations none of your team should be down on the ground fighting up close. Stay high, stay further away and well covered whenever possible.

Comment

2 AT
                          2 Support
                          2 Medics

Comment

For a saqud of 5...hmm that can be rather important to your team. If its a 16 server, your squad represents over half of your team. On a 32 or a 64 its becomes less important, but still vital that you guys don't throw yourself to the wind.

So, I'd go with:
                            SL: Support
                            1- medic(1) (this guy will stick next to you as a life giver and accurate rifle/sniping support, good for long distance fighting)
                            2 - Assault/Spec Ops (either 2 of one class or 1 of each, these guys are your offesive line. Once you identify your target, these guys will go out and take it, secure it, flank it, and cover your appraoch.)
                            1 - last guy ( depends on what you gonna do. this guy would be your engineer, AT, assualt, or spec ops. Your wild card that will help your defense or offense. He can lay out traps, scout, tone the armor, or just your personal body guard.) {maybe you can go with a sniper to go high and find targets for you}

Its well rounded, but not optimal for every situation. But either way, I recommend one support or one medic. Either to rearm, or to bring back from the dead. Oh yea, make sure to go with the rotating SL spawn point. Because sometimes, your just dead.

Comment

Perfect squad?
                              some say 2 at, 3specops etc.... that's BS imo

If a squad follows the following points, and the likes of, I'd say it's perfect, nearly:

-All should adjust to the surrounding condition i.e. not spawn as ornithologist when there's a tank raping everyone.

-Not in need of constant baby sitting i.e. squad leader can play some and not having to talk too much and guide everyone with arrows and commands.

-A squad that looks on the UAV!!! i.e. You see your buddy dissapearing from the UAV around the corner ahead, go and kill the e instead of going up to your fallen comrade going: "Dude, wtf's up? Why are you laying here?"

-Communicates well with the commander.

Comment

Working...
                              X