VPU recover, help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPU recover, help needed

Just loaded BF2 straight from the box, install went fine, first intro plays fine but when trying to select single player to give it a test run the , " VPU RECOVER" message appears, I have dealt with this in the past and understand that it's a driver issue. But here is the dilemma, I have loaded what I think to be the latest catalyst drivers from ATI and downloaded the latest patch 1.21 and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time, -S.S-

2.4 pent
    radeon 9200 128mb graphics
    1000mb ram

Re: VPU recover, help needed

Set your AGP speed via the bios/catalyst control center to 4x.

Comment

Moved to support.

Comment

I actually had this problem when I installed (the then awesome) 9800 Pro.

What I done was simply turn off VPU recover messages or something like that. I've never had a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Steel
          2.4 pent
          radeon 9200 128mb graphics
          1000gb ram
          jesus thats a lot of ram

Comment

Originally posted by annihilate.m4
            jesus thats a lot of ram
            It's fun finding those slips......lol.

Comment

Originally posted by [WCC]mrbucket
              It's fun finding those slips......lol.
              nice sig, less tank more boob

and when i used to have an ATI card, i used a 3rd party tweaker (radlinker?) it may have been bad, but it let me play games i didnt think were playable on a 9200

Comment

JAZZA where is this BIOS/CATALYST control center found? My apologies for the newb question here, feeling my way through this you know.

Comment

The catalyst (or CCC) is either (depending on which drivers you are using) a shortcut on your desktop, OR if you right click on your desktop (top of the menu), OR right click desktop-go to properties-then either it is a box at the bottom- OR a tab at the top- OR you can adjust the video settings throught the tabs.

I have been using 5.10 cats, and they work like a champ for me and my cards. I try new driving when they come out, but htis one in particular has really made me happy.

Also a really cool tool is: ATI TOOL, google it it is an excellent utility.

Comment

Working...
                  X