Installed : Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed : Error Message

Bought and installed ok, or so I thought. The only indication that I have installed EF is the new maps in my SP browser. When I try to start the game I get an error stating that I have to have EF installed to play on this server, please go to the website to purchase. Anyone have any ideas why I cannot play in single mode or even create my own server without getting the error. I also have no shortcuts to start EF on it's own...

Thx

Re: Installed : Error Message

I have the same problem here in Holland

Help plz??

Comment

I know that some people in the UK have been able to play it, so it doesn't look like it's a regional block....

Comment

Getting the same message here

Comment

i had the exact problem solved it by starting EADownloader from program files,Then where it say "Edit Gamespy Nickname" i entered the exact name i use in BF2.
          Started BF2 again and problem solved.hope this works for you guys aswell

Cya Lata (-=L_F=-)BraVo

Comment

Worked for me, thx m8...

Comment

nps m8 glad to help

Comment

When i click the link it opens up IE but goes nowhere, no link showing in address bar. I don't use IE though I'm a firefox man myself.

Where does it take you? Do you reckon i could get there manually?

Edit. Ahh i got it. I hit stop and that gave me an address. I could then refresh this and it just took me to the EA logon and presto. sorted! nice one son!

Comment

step1-goto program files and start EA Downloader

Step2-click the link on your downloader highlighted in the image i attached

once you click this link it will ask you to verify your password again ,enter your password and click ok.

step 3- you are then brought to the next screen enter your ingame name and click ok and away you go

JUST WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT DO NOT HAVE BF2 RUNNING WHEN YOU DO THIS

Thanks folks

(-=L_F=-)BraVo

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Working...
                    X