No announcement yet.

Changing your country in profile? how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing your country in profile? how?

Hey guys,

For some reason my account says I'm American. (I must have left the default settings?) Problem is, I am not an American and wan't to change my profile to indicate I am Canadian.

How do I go about making this change?

Thanks in advance.
    IQ

Re: Changing your country in profile? how?

I don't think you can..much like you cannot change your name.

You could TRY going to www.gamespyid.com and editing your profile there.

Comment

Haha i have the same problem

According to it i am American.. im British

Comment

The weird thing was, it used to list it as Canadian. Then I formatted a month or so ago, installed BF2, then the patch (without playing inbetween), then it said I was an American when I went to check my stats. lol

I went to the url you mentioned, it still lists my country profile in Canada, but I don't think that information pertains to my BF2 account, but rather my gamespy account.

I know it's not a big deal really, but I figured there's gotta be a solution to this minor error.

Thanks for trying none the less. I'm open to other suggestions.

Comment

Then there is something screwy with GameSpy...logging in to gamespyid.com with the same username and password you use to log in to BF2 IS accessing your BF2 account information.

Whip off an e-mail to gamespy support..maybe they can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
            Then there is something screwy with GameSpy...logging in to gamespyid.com with the same username and password you use to log in to BF2 IS accessing your BF2 account information.
            Are you certain about that bro? Aren't they different? It says in that profile that I am from Canada. It even lists my postal code, yet in game it says I am american.

Comment

Weird...I guess the data sets are completely different. And that sucks, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
              X