Daily Double

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Double

Does it **** you guys off as much as me when you're playing really really well and then the commander beats you by like 4 or 5 points just because he's commander.. not even trying to help.

Re: Daily Double

Definitely. I squeal like a pig as the round ends thinking I'll get a gold star, only to get beat out by the commander. Chances are without the commander's UAV's I wouldn't have even gotten silver, though.

Comment

wat really p*sses me off is how i use to think that the 2x bonus only goes to the commander who doesnt really do much..sure he has artillery, but since 1.12, he doesnt care about tking his own comrades...but i really would love a 2x bonus when i do really well

Comment

No.. . . Hes the commander moron.

I hate it when commanders get 7th. We usually lost.

Comment

I've long said that commanders shouldn't have access to the same medals as the other players - you don't award sports team coaches "Player of the Game" awards.

Comment

It happens indeed, don't think it's a drama, I don't realy care to much about gold stars , and just be glad you had a good round

Comment

It can certainly be annoying in a round where you know the commander did nothing. There's a solution though. Be the commander. Kinda a nice break from the firefights for a round or two.

Comment

yeah I tested my theory and I went AFK for an entire round of mashtuur city as commander. I scored about 120 points and got the gold, how lucky.

I really dont see the relationship between a commander's skill and his score, thats my biggest problem with it.

Comment

Caring about medals is stupid and saddens me when players care about a few digits or a image. If your so annoyed by it, play commander, too boring ? Don't whine. Either play commander or don't. Why does everyone come up with something new to whine about, this is the least of our Bf2 problems.

Comment

It really depends on the team. I think the game would be better without commanders. No more artillary, "enemy sniper spotted!", or UAVs. I could camp in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Banthur
                      yeah I tested my theory and I went AFK for an entire round of mashtuur city as commander. I scored about 120 points and got the gold, how lucky.

I really dont see the relationship between a commander's skill and his score, thats my biggest problem with it.
                      in a way.... but

though it is true that sometimes good teams will win inspite of commander skills an even match between to similar overall skilled teams will often have the commanders skillk as the deciding factor.

ive played with stupid commanders and the good ones...

Comment

The difference between a good and bad commander is that the good ones take the fun out of the game for the opposite team: artillary, "enemy sniper spotted!", UAVs.

Comment

hey that works for me also

Comment

why do people get so excited about gold stars, i have like 300

Comment

I really don't care about the points, but I do want a good commander. I 'm indifferent that he will get 2x points and a gold star, I am just happy he helped in a major way to win a battle.

I am not the commander type, I'm a grunt, tell me where to go and I'll go there, even if I think he's high, I'll still try to follow his lead. If we fail he might have learned something from it. If we went and done our own thing he will still be a crappy commander cos he couldn't see his plan that could have come together!

Comment

Working...
                              X