Graphix card Help. Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphix card Help. Please

Hi I have a Compaq Pressario S5100NX it has a PCI slot not (express) and here is the video card im looking to buy is it good is it bad? please tell me. I dont want it to run like all mighty great im fine on low settings just need it to work with a 25 fps or higher

ATI Radeon 9250 128mb
    im buying it off ebay.

Re: Graphix card Help. Please

noone has ny advice? if itll wrok wtih my computer? or if itll work bf2?

Comment

it MIGHT work with bf2 but many have problems with that card. the system requirements on the box say AGP or PCIexpress so you are taking chances.. but if in the event it DOES work, u can play on low,if you have 512 ram.

Comment

PCI graphics cards wont run BF2, the bus speed of PCI slots is way to slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
          PCI graphics cards wont run BF2, the bus speed of PCI slots is way to slow.
          realy? i need a new computer? ?

Comment

Originally posted by Braheem

YES. the card you posted will "run" BF2 but DO NOt except good performance.... we are talking about probably less than 10-15FPS with everything on lowest settings, and that is an optomistic estiment.

Comment

he'd prob get more than that with proper optimizations...but i really suggest u get somethign a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Braheem
                omg this is like saying : "Little Jimmy, your dog's gone..."

but really, you'll be better of getting a new computer than to put new things into this one...really your comp is dead now, you can keep it as a back up for financial business but for gaming... no mate :cry:

Comment

You dont need a new computer. Just buy a comprable MOBO with an AGP slot and go for an AGP card. Go for something like this as an example.

Then pick yourself up an ATI 9550 128MB or an Nvidia FX 5700 128MB if you are on such a tight budget. Look here for example.

You should be able to play comfortably on Low with these specs. Just make sure you have enough system memory before shelling out. BF2 is memory hungry due to the size of the levels and amount of toys to play with.

Comment

Working...
                  X