Need help aiming the M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help aiming the M95

I need help with the M95. I just don't get it. Nothing seems to work consistently for me. Aim high, aim low, it doesn't matter. I miss 9-10. I know I am missing and not getting even a body shot because the target doesn't move.

When I am up against a sniper, they jump, roll, and fire in a nanosecond killing me instantly. I just don't know how they do it. I completely ****es me off, too. I can see a guy who's laying by a flag and I take my time and line him up trying my best to aim for his head but I get NOTHING!

Help

Re: Need help aiming the M95

What resolution do you play at?

Comment

Unless I'm REALLY far away, I always aim right at where I want to hit. If I'm starting to get a decent distance away, I aim for the top part of what I want to hit (i.e. the head). Remember to hold down the mouse butting after you fire to stay zoomed so you can see the little "x" and know whether you hit your target or where you missed.

Comment

I think it's 1024x786. I was at 1280x? but it caused too much lag. Can't remember if I changed it to 1024 or not.

Comment

Just aim exactly where you want to hit. At 400m plus you'll want to start accounting for bullet drop etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
            Unless I'm REALLY far away, I always aim right at where I want to hit. If I'm starting to get a decent distance away, I aim for the top part of what I want to hit (i.e. the head). Remember to hold down the mouse butting after you fire to stay zoomed so you can see the little "x" and know whether you hit your target or where you missed.
            I have seen that X and wondered what that indicated. Thanks.

One day on Oman I was on a hill looking down. I found that if I aimed below the head I could get head shots. The next day it didn't work. So frustrating. I have looked at bf2 sniper vids on video.google.com but they aren't much help because the vids are way too grainy to make out anything.

Comment

The M-95 seems to be a finiky weapon. If you are above an enemy it will hit high from med ranges. If you are below at long ranges it seems to hit low. I try to place the top of the helmet so it is at the top of the cross hair center line for distance shots. That seems to work for me, 42% accuracy with sniper.

Comment

Aim and when you see red, boom. Works every time. Works better due to the 1.2 patch. Aim and when I see red, :ar15: or in the sniper case:shoot:

Comment

You are teh ub3r n00bzor. 0226 nub. Flamz0rs FTW!11oneone!!one hundred eleven!!111!111

Comment

I feel your pain. I was on Zatar with the L96, and i couldn't hit a thing. I was on the ground aiming up towards the hill. I had to spend the rest of the round trying to find another spot and once I did, my team had the hill taken and was on to the next one.

Comment

There is slight bullet drop. Lead your target a bit if they are running as there is bullet travel time as well.

Always (almost always) aim for the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Fullforce
                        Just aim exactly where you want to hit. At 400m plus you'll want to start accounting for bullet drop etc.
                        how do you tell range? I always see people give range numbers, but never knew really how far that is 'in-game'. is there a range finder in game I dont know about? hehe

Comment

with the new patch, i find it so easy to aim with m95. So i dunno what you do wrong. Maybe it has to di with your internet connection? Whats yourping usually?

Comment

10 things that work for me...

1) Go prone (obviously), and stay in dark areas.
                            2) Never stay on the ridge-line or the top of a building, always move to a place where you're not silhouetted against the sky. This is the top mistake I see snipers make.
                            3) Start only by shooting at guys who are standing still. Hitting moving targets is a real art, and it's something I'm just starting to explore.
                            4) Wait a second before shooting. Just watch, and wait. It's Sniper-Zen thing. In real life, it's "breathe, aim, slack, squeeze". You have to be calm.
                            5) When you click to fire, just push down, don't move the mouse in the slightest. Again, be calm, take your time, speed will come after accuracy, never before.
                            6) Important - keep holding the mouse button down for a moment after the gun goes off. It improves your accuracy significantly. Not sure why they coded it this way, but probably to simulate "follow-through".
                            7) For a chest hit beyond 200M, place the crosshairs at the base of the guy's throat, aligning the horizontal bar with the line of his shoulders, or just slightly below. Inside 200M, center mass is fine.
                            8) For a head shot over about 200M, align the intersection of the crosshairs with the top of the guy's head, just touching, like a crown. Under 200M, just put the crosshairs in the center of his noggin.
                            9) Headshots with the M95 are often difficult. If you don't have access to the L96, try to use the M24. If you can try the L96, you'll love the accuracy, as well as the sound.
                            10) After you've shot about 3 rounds, move. People who hunt snipers will use your rifle's sounds to home in on you. Don't forget that in this game, you are usually completely deaf to that enemy medic sneaking up behind you with his knife at the ready. Don't give the bastard the chance.

Comment

How do you guys judge distance. Do you just find out how far 200m is and then apply to wherever you are?

Comment

Working...
                              X