Easier Way To Paint Large Map??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easier Way To Paint Large Map??????

EASIER WAY TO PAINT LARGE MAP?????? Please God let there be an easier way I just spent 2 hours painting on a texture and when I was done I went to save and it crashed....... can anyone help???

Re: Easier Way To Paint Large Map??????

Yeah....there is. I use Tpaint. It's very easy and fast. Paints an entire map in seconds........seriously.

Get it here:

Comment

can u use tpaint before you have made the map or do u have to do it after because in the tutorial it say i wont accept blame if you mess up your map you have been working on for 20 hours this might be a big noob q but iv only just started mapping

Comment

You can use and re-use it at any time as often as you like.The tool "reads" the terrain and paints it according to slope, height and a few other variables. So if you try, make a copy of your maps folder somewhere before painting just to be safe. But you need to have the terrain created at least some before you use it so the tool won't paint everything the same. One important note......the colors are Pre-set so you DO NOT select your color in the map editor. If you want a certain color for one of the 3 layers tPaint uses, then you need to adjust the high.tga, low.tga and steep.tga files that are found in the Data folder of the TPaint folder. You can adjust the colors in Photoshop and them just copy them back into the data folder before you run the executable app.

The good thing is that you still have 3 layers left to work with after you paint to do some creative things within your map.

Comment

Awesome you guys are my Friggin heros. I'm going to try this when I get off work. Again thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpArtist
            Please God let there be an easier way I just spent 2 hours painting on a texture and when I was done I went to save and it crashed.
            LOL!! Unlucky.

I tried to use this program but i dont really know how to use it correctly, i prefer painting it bit by bit though.

Comment

I use bf2 ecomap to do colourmaps and bf2 heigtmap modifier to paint/generate surrounding terrain. detail maps i do with tpaint or with heightmap modifier

Comment

Working...
              X