Crash to desktop (patch unrelated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop (patch unrelated)

I have had this issue for some time now, before any of the recent patches. The game comes to the screen where you can pick BFHQ, mulitplayer, singleplayer, ect. When i click on any of these i get booted to desktop. Used to run it fine on this comp, just stoped working one day.

I reformeted my hardrive, reinstalled the game, and still nothing. No one seems to have a simmilar problem so im not sure what option to try next.

thx for any help/comments

Re: Crash to desktop (patch unrelated)

Specs please.

Comment

ATI Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDE3 PCI express
      2gb ram
      Intel pentium 4 cpu 3.00 ghz
      Asus P5GD2-X mobo
      windows xp home, service pack 2

Comment

Yikes...if you have reformatted your hard drive completely..then this is a doozie. Did you backup or save ANY of your BF2 files and restore them after the re-format? If so, that could be a problem (e.g. My Documents\Battlefield 2).

Do other games play fine?
        What are your temps like?
        Are all of your internal fans running? (cpu, gpu, psu, chassis)
        Have you tried a RAM test? (e.g. Prime95)

Comment

No I didn't back-up the old BF2 files when I reformated.

Other games do play fine. No problems there.

Fans are all running fine.

No RAM test. The comp is only about 2 months old. No idea what Prime 95 is.

Before I reformated I did manage to get to the options screen and had a chance to mess with the graphics settings a little. Tried to load a game and the loading bar just stuck. After that I reformated (after un-instaling the game and trying again) and havent been able to get past the single/multi player select screen w/out crasing to desktop.

Drivers for the vid card are all current.

Could it be a Direct-X be an issue because I am almost positive I have the latest.

Comment

Working...
          X