Respawn in : 0 Seconds (Yeright!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawn in : 0 Seconds (Yeright!)

I'm not sure if this bug is specific to me or not but it annoys the hell out of me.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

Here is the issue.
    Sometimes (maybe 1 out of 3 times) once my "spawn in" timer reaches 0 I do not spawn. I am unable to do anything other than zoom the map using the "n" key. It usually remains like this for a few minutes sometimes less and then pushes me back to the select spawn screen.

Initially I thought this may be because my squad leader (I always spawn to squad leader) is dead or there are no avaiable spawn points but I dont think this is the problem as I can watch my squad leader dither about at one of our spawn points for ages.

Please let me know if you have had the same experience.

MotherBoard Type: Shuttle XPC Barebone ST20G5
    32bit or 64 Bit: 32bit
    Operating System: XP Pro
    32bit or 64 Bit: 32bit
    Video Card: Radeon 1800 XL
    Driver Version: I think I last updated the drivers when I got the 1.2 patch
    Sound Card: onboard
    Driver Version: -
    RAM: 2GB
    Model and Speed: OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2
    DVD Model: sorry, dont remember
    CD Model: sorry, dont remember
    Install Path: c:/program files/games/...

Re: Respawn in : 0 Seconds (Yeright!)

This happens to me a lot.

Here are the following situations where I know it is the case:

-when the spawn point you are trying to spawn in at is blocked by another player (sorry, no telefragging in this game)
    -when your squadleader is manning an emplacement and you're trying to spawn on him
    -when your squadleader is on a ladder or stairs or on another object and you're trying to spawn on him

But..I have noticed situations where I know none of the 3 above are the case and yet I still cannot spawn. So yes, there is a bug I think.

Comment

Talus, thanks for the info.

I'm glad it's not just me. I also hope something is done about this. for example. Give me the option to spawn somewhere else/anywhere.

I'm suprised that this game seems to be so fragile. I seem to crash to desktop and auto reboot 3 or 4 times in a 4 hour session. lol. It also made me laugh that immediately after the release of 1.2 there is a message about problems with it.

(I dont have the same problems with any of the Valve games/COD2/SWAT/FEAR)

Great game though.

Bring it on!

Comment

What I hate is when you want to spawn on your squad leader but sometimes you just can't, when you select a flag spawn point it will spawn you just fine,

Comment

It depends if there is enough space where your squad leader is....for example if he is on top of a roof of a small hut it wont let you spawn as you would spawn in the air....sometimes when the squad lader is in a tight spot just select him and keep hitting return constantly and you will usally spawn after a few seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. MrBubbles
            What I hate is when you want to spawn on your squad leader but sometimes you just can't, when you select a flag spawn point it will spawn you just fine,
            There are 2 occasions where you won't be able to spawn onto ur squad leader:

1) He is in a vehicle, and the vehicle is full (e.g in a tank)
            2) He is a sniper, and is camping somewhere. As long as he doesn't move, you won't be able to spawn on him. Kinda small glitch, I think... All you gotta do is to voip him and ask him to move.

There are also times when you cannot spawn onto a spawn point. If you see that the spawn point is red, it means that that point is overcrowded. All you gotta do is to wait for a few seconds till the guys clear out of that spawn point.

Another occasion would be when you accidentally click on your spawn selection screen, and thus deselecting your spawn point. All you gotta do is to refer back to your spawn point, and make sure that it is selected. If you are still unable to spawn, then quit the game and join again. Must be a real bug in this situation.:|:

Comment

The only thing I can think of is where the spawn point you have selected is taken by the enemy or neutralized.

Comment

Working...
              X