Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BF2, SF and Euro all under 1 Server Menu in BF2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2, SF and Euro all under 1 Server Menu in BF2!

It makes no sense to have to run 2 different programs in order to play certain maps. If servers are using BF2 and Euro maps they should and SF maps as well. There is nothing unique about SF that requires it's own program to run. Yes, they have grappling hook and zip lines but they are incorporated in its own maps and don't require a separate .exe file to run.

For example we could have servers with Karkand, Sharqi, Ghost Town and Warlord in Rotation for urban maps. Or any other combination will be available. Not all servers will have BF2, SF and Euro maps in rotation all the time. My thing is this, if you paid for SF and Euro you should get the benefit of the convienence of only using 1 Server Menu to select and play those maps without having to exit out of the game.

So lets break this down:
    -start BF2, put in user name, password
    -go to Server Menu
    -update server menu
    -select servers with the lowest ping
    -find server you want but realize you want to play Warlord instead
    -exit out of BF2
    -Go to desktop and wait for BF2 to unload from memory
    -Start SF
    -go to Server Menu
    -update server
    -select server you were looking for in BF2 for find another Warlord Server

This can take between 3 minutes to 10 minutes depending on system setup and thats if you find that server again.

Re: BF2, SF and Euro all under 1 Server Menu in BF2!

Hrmmm...If I load up SF, and find my favourite servers full, then I usually go to a particular Sharqi 24/7...Alls I do is double click on the Sharqi server; the game closes down SF and loads Vanilla in maybe 30 seconds. Thus begins the map loading process...

Comment

i think that would be a great idea. why did EA make SF a expansion pack and not maybe one of the booster packs

Comment

Congratulations, you've succeeded in convincing me you don't know how to operate Battlefield 2.

Comment

I agree with this complaint. I wish it didn't clost liek that. However, EF may not do that due to the fact that its a download. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosstrooper
            I agree with this complaint. I wish it didn't clost liek that. However, EF may not do that due to the fact that its a download. We'll see.
            It's been said tons of times, EF will be map and vehicle addons to BF2. It won't be a separate expansion pack, so servers will run the maps with their regular BF2 rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
              It's been said tons of times, EF will be map and vehicle addons to BF2. It won't be a separate expansion pack, so servers will run the maps with their regular BF2 rotation.

and who's gonna decide which players to kick on the 64 player servers? EF supports a maximum of 32 players. i'm guessing EF servers will be different from vanilla and SF servers.

Comment

I bet EA's going to come out with a SF2 booster expansion sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by [UT]MajorHavoc
                  i'm guessing EF servers will be different from vanilla and SF servers.
                  You can guess all you like but EA have already told us that vanilla and EF will run on the same servers.

Comment

Working...
                  X