Spontaneous Mouse/Keyboard Freezes in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneous Mouse/Keyboard Freezes in BF2

Hi all. I did a search for this problem, and found a number of people who are having the same type of thing...but I never found a fix for it.

My problem is that whenever I'm playing a map in bf2, the mouse and keyboard freeze up every few seconds, and if I was moving forward when the freeze happened, I'll keep moving in that same direction until they both un-freeze. And its not an FPS problem, I can tell you that. It almost makes the game unplayable. I have the 1.2 patch, and have tried re-installing the game, and not installing the new patch (same result). I have also tried turning the graphics down as far as possible, but that also doesn't help. Does anyone know of anything that could fix this? Here are my system specs...

WinXP SP2
    AMD Mobile Athlon XP overclocked to 2.4ghz (very stable)
    Radeon 9600 Pro (doesn't have old drivers)
    512MB ram
    120GB hard drive

If you need to know anything else please let me know. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Spontaneous Mouse/Keyboard Freezes in BF2

Initial thought....

Low RAM.

Could be wrong... but the stuttering that others have mentioned (temp freezes) were attributed to it 7 times out of 10 (rough average)

Comment

Originally posted by guidon666
      Initial thought....

Low RAM.

Could be wrong... but the stuttering that others have mentioned (temp freezes) were attributed to it 7 times out of 10 (rough average)
      Could be, but I've got 2gb and the mouse+keyboard freezes and it seems to be getting even worse lattely

Comment

RAM...the same thing used to happen to me with 1 GB. Fixed it by going to 2 GB.

Originally posted by coelhods
        Could be, but I've got 2gb and the mouse+keyboard freezes and it seems to be getting even worse lattely
        Yours might be a different problem..

Comment

Working...
        X