BF:SF Not working. HELPPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF:SF Not working. HELPPP

It installed and all of that fine, but when I try to join a server, it loads the map and all and then when "JOIN" comes up, it goes back to the menu and says "This sever only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of Battlefield 2 to the current official version to join"

Anyone know how to fix this??

--Thanks

Re: BF:SF Not working. HELPPP

Have you applied patch 1.2 after installing SF? You have to do this, as the SF installer reverts your installation back to 1.1.

Comment

Where do i get 1.2?

Comment

Just patch it to 1.21 http://www.filecloud.com/files/file....file_id=123846
        Does normal BF2 work?

Comment

Just went and posted on the general forum about this, but figure why not here too... To restate i also am having the problem mentioned in here, about the "moddified content" error message. My normal BF2 loads and i can play on servers no worries. SF loads fine too, just trying to access a server is impossible. I have gone through the whole uninstall-reinstall business, and the the subsequent patching, but for naught. Also i have repeatedly tried to access a SF server just to see if it was glitching, but no. From what i understand it is an issue with many people, not a few, and as such really requires a good explantion and not some haphazzard suggestions for fixing this issue.

Comment

He's right about the SF modified content eror. If you don't run the patch after installing SF, the bulit in 1.1 patch in SF will change data on all your maps, so that they appear to have been modified. After you install SF, you need to install the BF21.21 update/patch. You'll also notice that wake island will probably give you trouble in BF2 unless you repatch it. Pain in the arse, but after that you should be fine.

Comment

EA downloader has it

Comment

i had this when i had mods so i reinstalled the game

Comment

Working...
                X