Overheating video card-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating video card-

My EVGA 6800gt(AGP) is overheating lately, well getting close to atleast. On idle it is running at 141.8F and on full load it gets in the 160 range, and im realy woried about overheating. I am going to open my case up and blow the card out well. Now how hot is too hot?

Re: Overheating video card-

GPU's are fine running that hot, its only too hot if your experiencing random crashes or artifacts in the form of streaks, speckles, rainbows, and other really weird **** on the screen while gaming.

There is another thread like this in the hardware forum... people just need to chill out about their video cards, if you have stock cooling there is nothing to worry about unless you experience problems.

Comment

well i am seeing alot of lag and wierd looking edged on buildings and such.

Comment

take out your gpu and blow dust off it, worked for me....i used to have really bad artifacts in game before i cleaned it

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
          well i am seeing alot of lag and wierd looking edged on buildings and such.

Then you probably have a heating problem, try removing the dust as he said.

Comment

umm, tell me:
            what the clock speeds are (if you overclocked any)?
            and the temps in celcius (i dont feel like converting) so idle temp and load temp in C.
            lots of dust?

Comment

6800gt
              common for that graphics card i would get new cooling for your gpu
              people having there settings on med and high usaly have it running hot

Comment

63c idle. not trying full load, until i clean the dust out. default clock speeds. im gonna clean it out in a little while, ill let ya know if it helps.

Comment

63 idle is pretty high, but SOMEWHAT normal for the 6800gt. that cards just loves to heat up.

Comment

Working...
                  X