one shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one shot?

I am curious about something odd that has happened a few times playing on some servers for BF2 & SF. This one particular time I was playing on the Kurba Dam map. I saw a jeep coming in the distance, so I hid & fired at the driver as he passed. I know I hit him a few times, b/c the crosshair makes that little blink change. He drives on by, gets out & starts to charge me. I am using the support machine gun & fire full auto on him..again hitting him for sure. He keeps charging me, shoots me one time & kills me. This has happened numerous times before on other servers. One particular time I was in an alley with a member of my own team. I slipped into an alcove to cover him. An opposing player comes up from behind him & kills him. He doesnt see me at all. He is turned away from me & his back is exposed...so I take advantage of the situation & fire full auto on him. I can tell I am hitting him b/c the crosshair is again doing the blinking. He starts jumping around all over the place. I fire on him while he is doing that. He then goes prone & kills me with one shot.
    Is this a common situation?

Re: one shot?

I'd chalk it up to bad luck, but I've been one-shot killed by so many L85A1's lately that it does make me wonder. Here's an example: last night I was firing the jackhammer point-blank at an enemy medic. Two or three rounds to the upper torso. He fires one round of L85A1 (I had full health at the time) and I'm down for the count.

I can see how shooting a guy point-blank in the face with a shotgun is less lethal than knifing a guy in the foot...

Comment

That has occured a lot to me lately to. Maybe it's bad luck, maybe it's a hack.

Comment

I also think you may get the "hit indicator" for hitting the vehicle. So perhaps you were not actually hitting the person driving. (Pretty sure but may be wrong)

Comment

Originally posted by guidon666
          I also think you may get the "hit indicator" for hitting the vehicle. So perhaps you were not actually hitting the person driving. (Pretty sure but may be wrong)
          Yeah, you're right. When you fire on an enemy vehicle (chopper in the air, for example), you get the hit indicator. Doesn't matter if you're hitting the pilot, driver, whatever.

Comment

Proabably got you with a lucky head shot, i also get these.

Comment

sure, there are a LOT of skilled players out there but you have to be pretty stupid to not think that cheaters/hackers aren't out there, too.

Comment

Working...
              X