Clean Your Pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Your Pc

Basically as times gone by with BF2 the performance of my PC has gone down hill . Personally i was blaming crappy patching on EA/Dices part as with every patch the performance seemed to go down (really the only time i checked my FPS). Last week i was playing with a 1024*720 resolution everything on medium no anti aliasing and on a 64 man server i was getting a FPS of

15/60 (i dunno what the numbers mean but the lower the first number the more graphically laggy it was in game)

Well about two days ago my PC crashed while playing BF2 there was a loud clunk then my PC wouldn't turn on . I actually though that the quick release fuse in my power supply had blow so i unplugged everything and pulled my PC of its shelf. To my total surprise the back vent on the power supply unit was burning hot to touch and the side vents were totally blocked with dust feathers and dog hair (i keep parrots and have a great Dane dog). So i took my PC down stairs and took of the side panel and cleaned the side panel and the huge big arse fan in my PC (fecking hell i didn't know you could get fans that big its 6inches in diameter with a huge plastic pipe going up to the the side panel vents.) i also cleaned what ever else i could get at without disturbing anything.

Now I'm playing BF2 with a 1024*720 resolution (i prefer that resolution) medium settings and anti aliasing on *6 with max draw distance. Ive tested this time and time again and now on a 64 man server I'm getting frame rates of

65/12 to 90/10

And with the anti aliasing on *6 and the massive increase in FPS the game looks absolutely brilliant and is so much easier to play.

SO MY ADVICE IS TO CLEAN YOUR PC REGULARY TO GET THE MAX PERFORMANCE OUT OF IT

NOTE:- DO NOT GO POKING AROUND INSIDE YOUR PC IF YOU ARE NOT EARTHED AS YOU WILL DAMAGE THE CHIPS INSIDE.

Before cleaning check your in game FPS by entering this command
    renderer.drawFPS 1 (you open the console commands section by pressing the key directly above the tab key (you know you've done it as a transparent white screen with writing on it will pop down in the top left corner of your screen.).) then check your FPS again after you've cleaned your PC.

My system specs :-

ALDI-PC MEDION Titanium MD8386

XL-POWER
    High performance Intel PentiumĀ® 4 3.2GHz-2MB L2 Cache-800 MHz FSB
    64 bit Technology to support your future computing needs
    Whisper quiet due to AIR XL heat pipe cooler and SpeedStep

XL-HARD DISC CAPACITY
    Enormous Western Digital 320 GB Hard Disc

XL-MEMORY
    1024 MB Memory, DDR 400MHz, 64 Bit dual channel memory

XL-HIGH-END GRAPHICS
    ATI RADEON X740 XL Graphics Card with new PCI-Express x16 bus architecture 128MB DDR3 Memory at 900MHz

XL-BURNER
    Pioneer 16x DUAL LAYER Multi Format DVD/CD Writer

Re: Clean Your Pc

Also you should keep the tower where it can breath with no restricted airflow. Unplug everything and take it outside, use canned air to blow the dust out (if you dont use screens). DO NOT USE A VACUUM to get the dust out, most vacuums can create static electricity and one touch in the wrong spot.........

Comment

Originally posted by [WCC]mrbucket
      Also you should keep the tower where it can breath with no restricted airflow. Unplug everything and take it outside, use canned air to blow the dust out (if you dont use screens). DO NOT USE A VACUUM to get the dust out, most vacuums can create static electricity and one touch in the wrong spot.........
      Vacuum cleaners work best.

Comment

Good advice, sticky it

Comment

Never use a vacuum cleaner! :S

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
            Never use a vacuum cleaner! :S
            yupz lol !!! compressed air, costs about 10 bucks

Comment

I dont have the money to by a 4 inch can of air for 10 bucks a pop LoL. I just use my mini air commpreser. FREE AIR!

Comment

Originally posted by GR|M|IN
                I dont have the money to by a 4 inch can of air for 10 bucks a pop LoL. I just use my mini air commpreser. FREE AIR!
                You dont have to its much cheaper to buy anti-static straps and some lint free cloths and only clean the stuff near your fans as thats were most of the crap ends up anyway and just leave the boards and chips alone.

Comment

Im planning on cleaning out my pc later today, luckily i have the 10$ can of air!!!! so we will see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X