Can only run BF2 once per bootup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only run BF2 once per bootup

Strange problem. But I can only play BF2 once before I have to restart. If I start my computer, play some BF2 online for maybe 20 minutes. Close BF2. Then try to start BF2 I get the normal BF2 banner. Then nothing... appears like BF2 just exits before starting.

Any ideas? Attached is my dxdiag. Running latest nvidia forceware drives (81.98) on my geforce 7800GT. Also running amd 4400+, 500W PSU, 2GB DDR400. No overclocking or anything fancy.

EDIT: Couldn't upload my DxDiag, attachment size was too big?! It's only 35kb =/

Re: Can only run BF2 once per bootup

hmmm..check make sure that BF2.exe isnt running by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and going under prosses and checking for it..after that i guess with that fast of a comp. it wont take to long to restart so i wouldnt be that much of a hassel.

Comment

I'm having kind of the same problem: When i boot my pc AND I put in the bf2 disc.. the cd is spinning but my drive cant find the CD . I have to put in my disc a couple of times before it works...

Comment

Happened to be when I made my own mini-image. Perhaps clean the cd ?

Comment

I had this once because the DVD got a little mucky.
          But also do what BlackHawkPilot73 said and check that thr process has fully ended from the previous time you played.

Comment

this was a problem with FEAR and the 1.02 patch which they fixed, but I have never heard of it happening with BF2. does it give you any errors? what exactly happens the second time you click it?

Comment

It looks like it was a problem with my image and some sort of protection. I disabled emulation and remounted my image and it works now. I made an image on another computer to use because I don't have any optical drives in my machine. So far the image works great.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkPilot73
                hmmm..check make sure that BF2.exe isnt running by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del and going under prosses and checking for it..after that i guess with that fast of a comp. it wont take to long to restart so i wouldnt be that much of a hassel.
                WTF is it with you and your useless replies!? He doesn't want to restart so instead of posting that BS just stay out of it!

Are you 10 or something?!

Comment

Working...
                X