Bullet drop im confused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet drop im confused?

I can understand this is real life physics but ingame i always aim my crosshairs/ironsights on the target no mater what distance and it works

But are you guys saying im better aim over there head at a distance like real life?im confused?if u aim low then the kick usually correct this?Im a great shot i have 40%sniper and 20%assault as the AK are still my fav .The new sniper rifle sounds great .So if i use the new sniper rifle @ 500 meters i need to aim 100 cm up??

Great shots please clarify this

regards Rambo:guns: :salute:

Re: Bullet drop im confused?

Yes you need to lead above and infront of your target at distances. If you always aim yourcrosshair directly on the target like you say then you arnt really sniping at long distances, becuase the farther you are from your target the more you must lead.

Comment

i just want to remind u...500 meters is VERY far away...even if u have 100% view distance...the person will be a bunch of pixels on ur screen..and not all the rifles are accurate..so because of this i tend to ignore bullet drop

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
        i just want to remind u...500 meters is VERY far away...even if u have 100% view distance...the person will be a bunch of pixels on ur screen..and not all the rifles are accurate..so because of this i tend to ignore bullet drop
        What he said. There is a bullet drop. However it is correctly modeled, and therefore it is neglible in 99% of the distances where you shoot rifles. Most of the rifles are inaccurate at thedistances required to see bullet drop anyway.

Comment

i find it odd though. sometimes if i aim above someone's head, it'll always give me a headshot, but othertimes, i'll never hit. likewise, sometimes i have to aim at the body to hit, other times, i can't hit the broadside of a barn if i aim at the body. something is screwy with the aiming system.

Comment

on sharky map from construction flag to usa helo pad on building would be areound 500 meters?and i always hit them using crosshairs on?not above so im still confused i guess ur right !bullet drop starts at prob 600+and ture snipers shooting 1000-1500 deal with it.i have a good crad so i on dragon i can see people on carrrier from nearly first flag or other hill that would have to be 1000+ meters?

Comment

Originally posted by Raiblast
              something is screwy with the aiming system.
              ...and the terrain system, seem to lose out on headshots because of the way hills are drawn lower than the bullet line (2 guys, both prone, 4 meters away with a bit of a hill inbetween)

Comment

Working...
              X