Miniguns suck now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniguns suck now?

First I want to say that I did a search for topics about this, and got crappy results. Anyway, I have noticed that the miniguns on the blackhawk are a complete pile of trash since the patch came out. Has anybody else noticed this? I don't think they should have done anything about the miniguns! They were only really useful on Mashtuur. I used to be a hell of a gunner with the minigun, but now I can't hit the broad side of the barn.
    Exactly what did they change about the blackhawk?

Re: Miniguns suck now?

The splash damage from the BH guns (M134) has been reduced. They are still doing the same damage, but now you have to hit your target almost dead on to do anything.

Tis a shame. I'd MUCH rather have seen the Skycow's weapons brought up to a level comprable with the BH's instead of a nerf. Especially with BHs being more vunerable now.

One interesting and teamwork intensive aspect of the game has been effectivly tossed out the window.

Ah well... I'm makin do and still BH whore effectively. Now it has to be done differently tho. No more tacitcal stand off support. The guns are defensive at best and the BH's role has been restricted to transport only.

Comment

I have fond memories of getting raped by the blackhawk, when the bullets didnt even hit me. I think taking it out MAY have been a mistake, maybe if the splash damage was in between that would be a fair compromise.

Comment

it does not do the same damage as before...... dont know how you got that info. It is less

Most people dont fly around with it anymore. Much better ways to help even the flying field but guess they wanted to go overboard.. dont really care its better to fly over flags and just bail

the heli now is more like a 8sec trip then a full transport vehicle.

I keep editing my post but it doesnt stay edited

Comment

Its a TRANSPORT helicopter, not an attack one. The miniguns are used for suppresing the LZ while the troops get in there.

Comment

Ya since the shoebox sucked so much. They needed to balance the blackhawk.

BUT

they are clearly "Glass half full" people. They decided to make blackhawk suck instead of making the shoebox good.

So. Now nobody touches neither of them.

Personally i never used them myself. I only ever used them togo places faster. Now since nobody uses them. I just jump in them. go up to 350 and goto where i want to go and jump.

blackhawk is completely useless now. PLUS the fact that AA is better.

Comment

I think its ok. No more laming

Comment

At least you don't get TKed for the minigun seat now

Instead you get TKed for the rear seats by a guy with a PKM !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                  Its a TRANSPORT helicopter, not an attack one. The miniguns are used for suppresing the LZ while the troops get in there.
                  Exactly, I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazza
                    Bingo.

Only people who complain about the miniguns are the ones that can't WTFPWN Mashtuur for a free USMC win any more. Would it have been better if the Aircow got the Mi-28 grenade-cannon?

Comment

I am guilty of whoring it, it's way too strong, The other helicopters suck at against the blackhawk and it's gun, lets face it, the Blackhawk is overpowered and strong - same with real life. Anyway I can live without it, no probs, I think it's good that it's been nerfed. But not so much about the hitpoints. Seems like everything has reduced splash damage.

Comment

Originally posted by tsh2005
                        it does not do the same damage as before...... dont know how you got that info. It is less
                        I do this funny thing called "Testing", then I do something very strange indeed... I *think*.

One round, dead on, from the M134 does exactly the same damage as it did before. I tested this.

the reason that is seems to be doing less is because now you have to hit your target. Before, you could fire 5 rounds, have one hit, and still kill someone with splash damage.

Now, if you only hit with one round, the other 4 just aren't likely to do anything.

Damage per area has been reduced while the specific damage variable has remained the same.

Make sence?

Comment

thats how it should be. not fun that powerfull

Comment

I ain't saying it should be one way or the other.

I have a personal preferance for ramped up effectivness for something that requires teamwork, but I'm just working with the facts here, not imposing my personal taste.

You won't see me saying "OMG, The BH IS the suckzors now! I hate Dice!".

Comment

They shouldn't have nerfed the Blackhawk, they should have improved the other choppers 50cals to fire like the M134 instead, to even up the game. That would have been fine. But I still don't have too many problems with nerfing the Blackhawk, it was a transport chopper anyways, If I want to kill people I'll use an AH-12 instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X