New Headset??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Headset??

I know this is not the correct forum for this but I wasn't getting anything in the General Gaming forum. :hmm:

I want to get a new set of headphones. I really need some audiophile Gamers to share with me there experience with different sets. I have already used two different ones & have been so-so impressed. I'm looking for a GREAT pair of 5.1 headphones with an awesome mic built in. I'm willing to spend upto $125.00 but they better be DAMN GOOD. If you post please only post with hands on knowledge of your headphones. Thanks!!

1. Zalman 5.1 The sound was GREAT but no built in mic. ($60.00)
    2. SteelPad 5H (Current ones) these sound pretty good but they are NOT 5.1 and the mic is HORRIBLE. ($125.00)

Re: New Headset??

Theres already a fairly new topic like this. I don't know much about headsets cuz I don't own one, but I'd like to own one...

Comment

5.1 headphones are bad

great headphones for gaming for $100

heres another:
      Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe is your partner for smart IT services & systems, multifunctional devices & professional printing!

if u need a mic just get a cheapo headset and wear it around ur neck
      or use a desk mic
      or use a clipon mic like this one http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=292402

Comment

Wow.
        Wiling to spend 125 on a headset?

Yikes, I feel cheap. I pass up headset that are only 30+ (I guess that would be the difference between bad and good quality headsets...

Comment

Thanks, what is wrong with 5.1?

I keep hearing these are GREAT headphones too.

Comment

Originally posted by guidon666
            Wow.
            Wiling to spend 125 on a headset?

Yikes, I feel cheap. I pass up headset that are only 30+ (I guess that would be the difference between bad and good quality headsets...
            Trust me when you have a NICE headset the game is WAY better and it makes a HUGE difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Veng3ance
              Thanks, what is wrong with 5.1?

I keep hearing these are GREAT headphones too.
              http://www.sennheisercommunications....roductId=PC160
              pro gaming headphones are really gimmicky, and so are 5.1s
              ive a senn pc155 for over a year, the mic broke 6 months after i got it, and i dont really use it anymore

anyways, do some research on these forums:

itll help u out alot
              just do a search on gaming

Comment

I recently (friday) got the Sennheiser PC 155 which I think are basically the same as the one you linked too (PC 160) but they have an adaptor for USB which comes with its own built in drivers.

Basically you can plug it in and select what audio options you like and it works straigt off the bat without having to unplug your normal speakers.

Apparantly 5.1 surround on headphones isn't that great although i've never tried any so I can't personaly vouch for any, but I think a high quality pair of stereo headphones with a built in mic is good enough for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess_Frosty
                  I recently (friday) got the Sennheiser PC 155 which I think are basically the same as the one you linked too (PC 160) but they have an adaptor for USB which comes with its own built in drivers.

Basically you can plug it in and select what audio options you like and it works straigt off the bat without having to unplug your normal speakers.

Apparantly 5.1 surround on headphones isn't that great although i've never tried any so I can't personaly vouch for any, but I think a high quality pair of stereo headphones with a built in mic is good enough for gaming.
                  Thanks Frosty! First Girl I think I have seen in the community..

Thanks guys for your posts.

Comment

Uh I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm not a girl :P

pro gaming headphones are really gimmicky
                    Sennheiser has a good reputation for making decent quality headphones, yeah I think gaming or pro headsets are gimmiky marketing, but when it comes to my PC I always buy decent hardware.

These are really good quality headphones, and comfy too, mics decent quality and cuts out background sound nicely, can't go too far wrong really.

Comment

This is what I posted in your other thread....

This is where I would look:
                      Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom, is now an HP brand. Learn how HP and Poly collaboration solutions can create more meaningful meetings for your workforce.

This is what I have (probably the precedent model still available in some stores):
                      Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom, is now an HP brand. Learn how HP and Poly collaboration solutions can create more meaningful meetings for your workforce.

You get very good sound for that cheap price.

I'm pretty satisfyed with mine and everybody hears me very well. The sound is also very good (I'm very picky for sound).

If you want more, look for Sennheiser:

Enjoy the sound of BF2, without disturbing the whole house

Move, artillery in your basement

Comment

Ok, thanks for all the input guys I just purchased these!

Comment

Nothing wrong with 5.1 headsets...true 5.1 surround can REALLY give you a tactical edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Veng3ance
                            Ok, thanks for all the input guys I just purchased these!
                            http://www.sennheisercommunications....roductId=PC160
                            How are they? Tell us about it

Comment

I use only a headset for the mic, my 5.1 surround sound does the rest

I strongly suggest a headset from Logitech or Sony, they are the best inline

Comment

Working...
                              X