Final Complaint thread about 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Complaint thread about 1.2

Ok, enough is enough. I have seen way too many threads being started about the errors in patch 1.2 . I am starting this thread for all the people who want to post their thoughts and complaints about 1.2 . This is the last we should see about 1.2 . So if you have any thoughts and ideas about 1.2 just post it here and do NOT start another thread about it. Mosstrooper already said if you do besides this one it will be deleted.

If you make a thread that promotes EA/DICE hate mongery I will delete it and issue a 1 week ban.
    And those are his exact words. So if again if you have any problem with 1.2 post it in THIS thread!!!
    Then I will try and send all your complaints and issues with 1.2 to EA. thx and have a nice day.

Re: Final Complaint thread about 1.2

1) I shoot people in the face before they even see me, and somehow they spray bullets every which way and kill me instantly with random bullets. This problem is a combination of server side prediction, netcode, weapon cone of fire, and hitbox detection. It's the most important bug in the entire game, and until it is fixed, BF2 will be a noob's paradise.

For all you non-believers, tell me a way to make 1st person videos other than fraps which gives me 18 FPS, and I will show you undeniable proof.

2) The A2A missiles are way overpowered, they hit things that they have no business hitting. If you acquire a lock on a jet, and he does not evade immediately using hard turns + afterburner, or use flares, then YES, the missiles should hit him every single time.

However, if you fire your missile before the lock is acquired, it should never hit. As of now, it hits a good portion of the time.

If you acquire a lock, and the target jet drops flares, there should be ZERO CHANCE of these missiles hitting him.

If you acquire a lock, and the target jet has spotted you behind him in advance, and is already into a hard turn + afterburner evasive maneuver, then the missiles should NEVER hit him, just like in 1.12. Good pilots should be rewarded for their awareness and evasive skill.

3) The aircraft chainguns need to be fixed in regards to their accuracy during turns. Me and my roomate have our computers on the same table, so we can see eachother's screens. You have no idea how many times I have absolutely RAPED him with my chaingun while he was turning, and I look at his screen and see he has taken no damage. And don't tell me I need to lead more, because thats horsesh*t. I have tested it in every possible way, and concluded that the hitbox code on a turning jet is completely random when it comes to chaingun bullets. FIX THIS PLEASE. A pilot with great chaingun aim should be rewarded for his talent god damnit!#%$#@!

4) When a chopper drops flares, he should NOT be vulnerable to missiles. Since the patch, I'd say flares have a 40% success rate, and I'm being generous. 1.2 allows you to fire SAM's without regard to flares being dropped, and you will still hit them a good portion of the time. This is BS and needs to be fixed.

5) Can anyone say claymore spam? I'm not even gonna go into this because it's self explanatory.

6) Why the hell can't you throw C4? It's a lightweight item, and there's nothing unrealistic about being able to throw it over a wall, or onto a ledge. The only thing that needs to be changed is the detonation delay time.

7) Hey guess what, AT missiles go completely through vehicles now about 30% of the time. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS.

8) Tone down the support weapons just a BIT. I love the fact that support is being used now, but it's just a tinty bit overpowered.

Comment

Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore, Claymore spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by xXgammaXx
        Ok, enough is enough. I have seen way too many threads being started about the errors in patch 1.2 . I am starting this thread for all the people who want to post their thoughts and complaints about 1.2 . This is the last we should see about 1.2 . So if you have any thoughts and ideas about 1.2 just post it here and do NOT start another thread about it. Mosstrooper already said if you do besides this one it will be deleted.

And those are his exact words. So if again if you have any problem with 1.2 post it in THIS thread!!!
        Then I will try and send all your complaints and issues with 1.2 to EA. thx and have a nice day.
        i like how you seem to think tht you starting ANOTHER complaint thread isnt as bad as someone else starting another complaint thread...

DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE LOL

Comment

Originally posted by inf4my
          1) I shoot people in the face before they even see me, and somehow they spray bullets every which way and kill me instantly with random bullets. This problem is a combination of server side prediction, netcode, weapon cone of fire, and hitbox detection. It's the most important bug in the entire game, and until it is fixed, BF2 will be a noob's paradise.

For all you non-believers, tell me a way to make 1st person videos other than fraps which gives me 18 FPS, and I will show you undeniable proof.

3) The aircraft chainguns need to be fixed in regards to their accuracy during turns. Me and my roomate have our computers on the same table, so we can see eachother's screens. You have no idea how many times I have absolutely RAPED him with my chaingun while he was turning, and I look at his screen and see he has taken no damage. And don't tell me I need to lead more, because thats horsesh*t. I have tested it in every possible way, and concluded that the hitbox code on a turning jet is completely random when it comes to chaingun bullets. FIX THIS PLEASE. A pilot with great chaingun aim should be rewarded for his talent god damnit!#%$#@!
          What you're experiencing on BOTH of these is a result of how the game does prediction. When you click your mouse button, the client will predict the shot all the way down to the hit, but just because you see that smoke/dust/"not blood" hit on your target does not mean it actually hit.

4) When a chopper drops flares, he should NOT be vulnerable to missiles. Since the patch, I'd say flares have a 40% success rate, and I'm being generous. 1.2 allows you to fire SAM's without regard to flares being dropped, and you will still hit them a good portion of the time. This is BS and needs to be fixed.
          I've never managed to get a lock with flares out. Flares launched after the lock are not a guaranteed target change.

7) Hey guess what, AT missiles go completely through vehicles now about 30% of the time. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS.
          More prediction error, notice how your next missile is immediately available and your ammo count is the same. The real problem is simple: The missiles aren't always firing.

8) Tone down the support weapons just a BIT. I love the fact that support is being used now, but it's just a tinty bit overpowered.
          I used to consider this a bigger problem, but after a lot of playing, the support guns have MORE inaccuracy ramping than before, it still takes quite a while for the recoil inaccuracy to die down, the only thing that's really different is how accurate they are in single-shot, which brings them up to par with, oh, EVERY other kit.

Comment

I don't understand, are you disagreeing with me? I'm not as concerned with what's causing the problems as I am with the problems going away.

I have fired an AT rocket at a tank from about 2 feet away, while he was not moving, and it went right through him. Prediction or not, I don't give a sh*t, it's still BS and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Originally posted by PHPT
            When you click your mouse button, the client will predict the shot all the way down to the hit, but just because you see that smoke/dust/"not blood" hit on your target does not mean it actually hit.
            Yeah ok great, I understand that, but how does that help us find a way to HIT PEOPLE?

In a game like Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces, when you fired a shot at someone, and it hit them directly in the face, it was not a hit, because there was a 250-300 ms lag. So in order to compensate, you had to aim well ahead of them, and then you'd here a little "ching" sound, letting you know that you registered a hit on THEIR screen.

In a game like Q2 or Q3, when you fire your weapon, there is a delay before it actually fires, and this delay corresponds to your ping. This is bad for HPB's, but it does guarantee that if your screen says you hit someone, then you DID HIT THEM.

See, in the past, there was ways to compensate for lag. But in BF2, when you hit someone on your screen, sometimes you DID, and sometimes you DIDN'T. There is no way to know for sure where the hell you're supposed to be aiming. It's completely random and unreliable, and it's straight up ridiculous.

Comment

I think I have a curse. I can be in a tank and every time I get hit no matter where it hits me its a one shot kill. Yet if I fire a TOW missile at a tank it almost never instant kills the tank rather it be in the back or the front. Not a complaint but can someone explain to me if theres a certain spot or what I am doing wrong and about 100% of the people who kill me are doing right?

I agree with the AA Missiles. They are kind of over powered. Especially the plane one. I'v been killing just by a jet flying by me going the opposite direct. Sometimes I dont even get a chance to look behind me before I'm dead. Firing all your missiles before you even get a lock your almost guranted a kill.

If AA isn't bugged how come when I watch outside of helicopter the AA missiles circle around me a few times and then hit me? Thats a bug. What about when the Sea Wiz locked onto me and fired at my plane and the missiles started spinning around the back of my plane before finnally hitting me. Something is defintly wrong. They are over powered but this is spinning around you is for the birds. Weaken the AA some so that flares fall slower so that a skilled pilot like me can stay with the flares until saftly away from danger. That will make more people in the AA wait and time their shots thus allowing more skill to be required then just jumping directly into an AA gun and firing at a helicopter or plane. Its not always possible to get away from an AA gun without getting into range of another one. If your on one of the maps like Wake Island or guld of oman theres not very many places for you in a helicopter to hide. Its either a tank, FAV, AA, or a Plane. Choppers are constantly locked onto now. Everyone is in AA. I didn't believe someone would team kill me for an AA gun but it happend on sharqi to me.
              It'd probally be good cool also to make the AA lock actually have to be a confirmed lock before hitting someone. This way if their going to be that accurate and effective you have to stay behind someone long enough to let it lock and try rather then instantly being able to just fire and break off while the missiles lock and spin around the plane. I'v even noticed the missiles are a funny shape or side ways. I was in a helicopter and a missile from a plane came 'sideways' into the front of my helicopter and got my clan mate team vehicle damage. Something isn't right.

Comment

You're starting another complain thread because theres too many complain threads?

uh...

Comment

Originally posted by xXgammaXx

WoW!!! You're only about 2 weeks late with this thread. Nicely done.

Comment

why you ban someone just for posting about a patch? Big deal. Not like you have to read or even post in it

Comment

Originally posted by inf4my

This is why i stoped playing as often, it makes me SOOOOO mad, if they fix this issue i will so play ALOT more!

Also all thoes above me, stop spamming!!!

Comment

The hitbox is my problem. I dont know how many times i have been running and knifed someone(i hear the hit and see the puff) but they here it to and just turn round and shoot me... all because i missed the hitbox. Its even happened when enemys are laying down. it doesnt always happen but it does happen occasionally and is very annoying. Other than that is it just what they all said.
                        Greets,Punisher

Comment

Working...
                        X