Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores:the new improved C4

It has finally got to me. Claymores.

I was on Warlord in the palace. And some guy comes from around the corner, I'm laying on a other corner of the corridor. Before I can shoot him, he throws a claymore 5m infront of me and walks back. I kill him and then as soon as I move (any direction) I die. I cant take his kit, cos its on the far side of the claymore.
    This happened a few times, and I could not find a way out of it.

In fact, wots a sniper doing in the corridors of the palace? Its the same as an anti-tank guy. They really shouldn't be there, as its not the kit style. Snipers ain't known for their close combat are they?

Ok, little rant over. BTW, the guy had about 74 kills, which is really high what with it being on a 40 man server.
    I guess claymores are the new C4, just better. With all the support around, its just easy endless kills. Shame, I loved the indoors fight

Re: Claymores:the new improved C4

thankfully the spamming will be over with 1.21

Comment

If he managed to chuck a claymore before you killed him, then he probably was running around with it out. He's either, therefore, doing it deliberately, or is just using common sense before he gets to his sniping position.

Comment

Originally posted by xZeler8
        thankfully the spamming will be over with 1.21
        The spamming will be lessened slightly, not "over" by a long shot. Claymore spamming exists because now everyone knows the only way one is going off is if an enemy's gonna die to it. Dropping a claymore is essentially a free kill now, that's why they're spammed, not because support guys just happen to be feeding them more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Fullforce
          If he managed to chuck a claymore before you killed him, then he probably was running around with it out. He's either, therefore, doing it deliberately, or is just using common sense before he gets to his sniping position.
          O yeah, he was running with it in his hands.

I don't believe their is a sniping position inside. I mean, can can you snipe when people come at you within 10m ?

Comment

I completely agree. Claymores are a real problem. I was playing Warlord a few hours ago and the Insurgents completely claymore spammed the palace and the radio tower. There was no way we could take them without sacrificing about 5 of our guys.

Comment

Claymore must like kkk. some kinda discrimination? :laugh:

Comment

Wish they still tk'd so they wouldn't be abused. I still liked destructible claymores better, if EA changes this, they shouldn't make AT mines destructible too.

Comment

Originally posted by Colinloves
                  It has finally got to me. Claymores.

I was on Warlord in the palace. And some guy comes from around the corner, I'm laying on a other corner of the corridor. Before I can shoot him, he throws a claymore 5m infront of me and walks back. I kill him and then as soon as I move (any direction) I die. I cant take his kit, cos its on the far side of the claymore.
                  This happened a few times, and I could not find a way out of it.

In fact, wots a sniper doing in the corridors of the palace? Its the same as an anti-tank guy. They really shouldn't be there, as its not the kit style. Snipers ain't known for their close combat are they?

Ok, little rant over. BTW, the guy had about 74 kills, which is really high what with it being on a 40 man server.
                  I guess claymores are the new C4, just better. With all the support around, its just easy endless kills. Shame, I loved the indoors fight
                  You have no one to blame for this other than the newbies that cried about everything for this last patch to be made. As a player in BF2, you can actually go where ever the hell you see fit with any kit for that matter. I have not ever seen anything saying otherwise.
                  As for you picking up his kit, it would not have made a difference, the claymore was planted by an enemy, you would have died eitherway.
                  Enough with the Waaaa-mbulance calls already

Comment

The best thing to do is charge the sniper. Claymores have an arming time, and you can often get out of the radius before it goes red.

Comment

Has claymore radius increased as well? It sure seems so.. I used to very rarely get killed by them, now it's like 3-4 times a round.

Comment

HAHA i had that happen before as well on kirkland by the back train. He was running and threw it and i killed him by standing where i was. After i killed him i just stood there and cried for my mommy. She never came so i moved and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM

Comment

I love the Claymore changes.

All that is missing is an easier way for enemy soldiers to destroy the claymore. Rev 1.2 doesnt have a way. I tried shooting it and grenading it. Only C4 seems to destroy the claymore.

If they allow claymores to explode when shooting, then everything would be fine. It just means being more creating to hide claymores. I hide them in corners now tight against the wall where its hard to see without dying.

Comment

That's when you run to call the medic over to revive you,

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                              That's when you run to call the medic over to revive you,

~Salad
                              Thats been my response to all the people crying "clay spammin!" too . Just bring a medic with you, then you can sacrifice any # of guys and it wont matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X