Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay to play?

Would you pay a subscription fee?

Presently I pay for 3 subscriptions..WoW, CoV, AO..all about 14-15 bucks a month, and to be honest..I would trade in all those accounts for a BF2 pay to play experience.

Why?

Well with what I notice in pay to play situations dickweeds arent abundant as much, casue when you pay to play a service your more carefull about your username and a reputation and fear of being banned is in the back of your mind. Just look at the difference in MMORPG's like Guild Wars..free MMORPG..huge community of dickweeds..Anarchy Online, pay MMORPG..great community and reputation follows you. Plus how many Tking 12 year olds have access to a credit card as opposed to those who dont?
    I also think this would enhance customer relations and overall EA's drive to deliver a better game through patches and such. I mean why give f*** if the cusumer is crying about balance and such if they already gave there money to the company, at least with pay to play there income is dependant on monthly happiness of the community.

Also I think enhancing the community would be great, maybe in addition to mutiplayer server search an ability to take a created avatar into a series of
    Bases like towns in a MMORPG, were we could talk and such, something more social..be great for setting up matches or finding opponents to fill a server etc..

Me and my friend at work have been coming up with ideas for this alot and coming up with great ideas, like kills equal loot to buy new unlocks, kills and matches won and time played to allow for hit point, armor, skills boost. A total MMO FPS.
    Theres a ton of things that could be done with this option...and considering I spend about 50 bucks a month on 3 pay to play games and then still play BF2 90% of the time I would gladly pay for an pay to play option for Bf2.

Any insight or suggestions would be great!

Re: Pay to play?

One thing I notice about pay to play games is that it takes a lot longer to get anything done, and they feel like a much bigger waste of time to me since more or less all you did is work for 3 hours to make some numbers go up and make your character look a bit different.

Comment

I think its optional p2p, but the structure is VERY organized and the people are very dedicated.

Comment

No.
        Wont pay to play. Well acyaully I allready did when I bought the game, but that as far as I go.

Comment

I wish that MMORPG's would die . Therefore any change of BF2 towards such a kind of gameplay I seriously dislike.

You want a base where you hook up people to play a game with? Join a clan, or chat if you want someone to talk to.

Stalked by kids, or so you say? Join another server, there're tons of them

Comment

Also, if I were paying on a regular basis I would expect more regular patches.

Comment

MMORPG is a marketing scheme and you were sucked right into it.

There's no way I'll ever add yet another bill to my stack just to play a video game.. that's nonsense.

If you want community, check out tournaments and clans. They provide all the community you will ever need.

I also think that unlocks and stats only provoke the people that ruin our game

Comment

Why would we pay to play when we can play for free????

Comment

My experience with MMORPGs was very different. I played UO for a couple of years, and it sucked. There were people who specialized in being nothing but griefers, KNOWING they wouldn't be banned, because of the $$. I also didn't find the community particularly mature -- there was a lot of fighting and crying over each and every change (and there were many).

It was a frigging soap opera, with every character screaming about how he/she was a paying customer, dammit, and deserved to play the game exactly how he/she wanted.

I couldn't stand it so I left, never missed it.

Comment

how dare you mention fee's in a fps forum

Comment

why is mmorpg's being asociated with p2p? theres only a handfull that you actualy have to pay for the rest are all free.

Comment

the authers point is fantastic...

for fps shooter, I dont see such thing comming.
                        there are to many other games to go to

and looking at the effort in bf2... I dont think EA would be able to make something worth monthlee bills.

Considering their wonderful reputation that they keep investing in the same direction... who in the right minde would pay them monthlee ?

Comment

Hell no i wouldn't pay to play. EA, being a huge company, doesn't need to do that. Besides, BF2 being pay to play woudln't work, there would be fewer servers (as they woul all be EA run) and EA makes their money by people paying for servers.

Comment

I hope EA doesn't read this thread!!
                            BF3 pay as you go anyone- Nooooooooo.
                            I, like billions of others pay for everything except the air we breath, don't give people any more ideas.
                            Haven't we shelled out enough?

Comment

You can kiss non-EA servers goodbye.

Comment

Working...
                              X