BF2 might have some competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 might have some competition

Now that Halo 2 is coming to PC, i think it will draw a lot of people away from BF2

Re: BF2 might have some competition

I like BF2 30x more than I ever liked Halo 2. I'm probably not even getting Halo 2 for PC because the Xbox version sucked so much. The original Halo was much better.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx-Arc_Angel-xXx
      Now that Halo 2 is coming to PC, i think it will draw a lot of people away from BF2
      But will we be able to play with those on the XBox? If so, it would be worth getting just to show those analog stick monkeys the greatness that is keyboard and mouse.

Comment

The Halo series and Battlefield series are two entirely differnt catagorys. I dont expect to see many people leaving BF2 at all probily around 10-15% when its released and between 1-3% stay gone playing Halo2.

And no you wont be able to play with the xbox users that im surte of.

Comment

BF2 is not gonna lose anyone...if it does its just gonna be some noobtubers anyways...

BF2 has a way different play style from Halo 2, just cuz their both FPS's doesn't mean there are in the same category...so BF2's hardcore gamers aren't gonna even notice Halo....

Halo 2 sucked anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStriker
            What's wrong with them then? Windows...XBox...you'd think Microsoft would be able to integrate the two. So what if it's console and PC, they're still electronic components. I can't wait until PC and console players can have an equal online playing field (well, at least put is in the same field, as keyboard/mouse is greater than console controlers )

Comment

i play bf2 cuz its modern..and i despise sci fi games ..excetp for starwars and hl2....i mean..halo is fun..but not fun enuff...

Comment

i doubt bf2 will lose much. halo2 has been out for quite a while now. Quake wars might bring some compitition to bf2, only cause that is a new game and looks very good thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStriker
                  The Halo series and Battlefield series are two entirely differnt catagorys. I dont expect to see many people leaving BF2 at all probily around 10-15% when its released and between 1-3% stay gone playing Halo2.

Different catagories????? how do you figure? there both FPS's, with vehicle use

Comment

Halo 2 is a shootemup FPS game. BF2 is much more complex and hold much more depth than 8v8 deathmatch and CTF.

Halo 2 is as much a threat to BF2 as the next sims game is.

Comment

Halo and Halo 2 were and still are so stupid.

I mean, I guess they are fun, but are nothing compared to bf2 and hl2 and other great games.

When you can jump like 100 feet in the air as a soldier, Beat people out of armored tanks with your fist...(yeah as if I would actually leave the hatch unlocked in real life) and empty whole mags into peoples heads and have them not die....then...well thats stupid.

And thats halo and halo 2.

Comment

The only reason Halo was popular is because it was one of the only decent 3d shooters out there for xbox. If it was released as a PC game, it wouldn't have been as popular...since there are far better 3d shooters out there for PC.

Moving it to PC won't do much.

Halo 2 is like a one eyed man living in the land of the blind. Of coarse it is "king"...for that land. However, he wouldn't be much in a land where people see just fine.

I've seen halo 1 and 2 played out from beginning to end. It's nothing but mindless killing of the exact same monsters that sound like little jawas the entire game. Talk about mindless.

Comment

Man......**** halo.....

Comment

Halo 2 is going to be Windows Vista compatible only. Since nothing is wrong with XP people won't upgrade, and won't be able to play it. It won't bring any kind of competition.

Comment

i dont think BF2 will lose out, because its a completly different type of playing style than halo 2. halo 2 is more of a "twitch" game, as opposed to the tactically oriented BF2 (when players stop shooting long enough to cooperate that is.)

Comment

Working...
                              X