Fraps and Bf2,,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps and Bf2,,...

Ok so currently Im trying to make a BF2 video.
    I tried using fraps and then taking all my clips into Windows Movie Maker..but here are my problems Ive encountered.

Firstly, my clips when watched in Media Player are crisp, but viewed in the movie maker at full screen the resolution is terrible. Id like it too look liek it does as I play.

Secondly, when i first started fraps to record highlights and matches it worked fine. Always showed my FPS in the corner and responded to my asigned "start recording button".
    No today I find it, turning off?
    the FPS in the corner disappears and the recording feature isnt there.
    At first I would just re-start fraps and it would com eback for a limited time again, last time I tried it wouldnt even stay on.

SO any tips or insight into my problems?

Re: Fraps and Bf2,,...

You need to check out what compression Movie Maker is using when it outputs your final file. Since it's a free MicroSoft product, don't expect too much from it. I hate it, myself and just flatly refuse to work with it.

Find something real if ya can.

Comment

WMM isn't that bad, and instead of saying what you said why don't you try to help him out?

Check to make sure your recording hotkey is still the same one and also there will be a tab called FPS, click that and then choose the spot where you want the FPS to display.

Comment

First of all there is no way you're going to get a reasonable file size (no one will download your video if it's too large) if you try to make a movie the same resolution as your game runs at. For example when I make a FRAPS movie, I set my in-game resolutoin to 1280x800 and then in FRAPS I tell it to use half-size. That results in a 640x400 movie which is just perfect for sharing on the internet. When you're done editing your movie with WMM, you'll want to export it to a frame size of the same dimensions as the source video. Assuming you're using FRAPS's half-size option, the video dimensions will be 1/2 of your in-game video resolution. So if you run at 1024x768, your FRAPS videos will be 512x384, so when you output your WMM movie, make sure it's that size.

Comment

I just re-read your post and it sounds like you may just be seeing WMM's low quality preview mode. You need to export the movie, watch it in Media Player and see how you like the quality. Just remember it's never going to be as crisp as if you're actually playing the game -- the file would be huge.

Comment

Working...
          X