Servers that should be Avoided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers that should be Avoided

I was banned by a server under the "guise" of tking when their memeber kept putting himself infront of my plane cause he was ****ed i spawned before he did and got the plane. Anyway the server is "SAS" and the tker is SAS_splix, just wanted to warn those that might become a victim to this asswipe and the admin who is on his side.

Re: Servers that should be Avoided

I never play the SAS servers anymore because their members are immature dorks.

Comment

Well im glad that it's just not me and it is a known issue. I dont know if there is a sticky for such servers but if not then i think it would help a lot of players before they fall prey to sucky admins and their cronies!

Comment

I play a bit on SAS servers and generally find them pretty good, maybe it's just down to that one guy misinforming his admin who kicked?

Comment

wierd if this is the same SAS that i played at. I remember the admins being rather mature.
          SAS standing for Stars and Stripes...

you know it could also just be a TK auto kick/ban script. ur TK -score got so high that they expect you to basically be a intentional tker. the ban is probably only for 24 hours so...

Comment

Originally posted by munky99999
            you know it could also just be a TK auto kick/ban script. ur TK -score got so high that they expect you to basically be a intentional tker. the ban is probably only for 24 hours so...
            This is commonly what happens. We get people email us all the time about situations where they think they were kicked by an admin. When we check the logs we find it was an auto pb kick for excessive tk's.

Lets see if we can communicate how this works for the last time.

The thpunish system is setup to be an auto admin to kick tk'ers The standard setting is 3 punishes then you will be "auto" kicked. These 3 punishes do not need to occur in the same round. They only need to occur over the time whilst you were connected to a server. Once you are punished 3 times, you may possibly have tk'ed more but it only works on the number of times you were punished you will be kicked with a pb message like this "You have been banned for excessive teamkilling, or by a successful kick vote or admin decision" This is what ****es me is the admin decision part that is included because an admin has not physically kicked you.

The ban only lasts for that round and you will be able to re-join the server the next round.

I hope this helps some people who think they have been kicked by an admin when they see this message.

Comment

Sorry to go a bit OT here, but is that a generic message ?
              I mean is that the sort of thing I might see for idling ? (joined a game and went to the toilet came back and had been kicked, fair enough IMO).

Comment

If you were kicked for being idle using BF2CC or modmanager it will give you a PB kick message saying you were kicked for being idle. If the server is not running these admin tools you will not be kicked for being idle.

Comment

Hmm, well thats weird!!
                  Thanks anyway mate, its given me pause for thought!

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                    The thpunish system is setup to be an auto admin to kick tk'ers The standard setting is 3 punishes then you will be "auto" kicked. These 3 punishes do not need to occur in the same round. They only need to occur over the time whilst you were connected to a server.
                    Well, that sucks. I always thought the count reset itself each round.

Comment

http://www.bf2idiots.com/index.html
                      this is also a nice site to report some "talented" players. SAS_splix is the new entry! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Firestarter
                        http://www.bf2idiots.com/index.html
                        this is also a nice site to report some "talented" players. SAS_splix is the new entry! lol
                        Its their server, live with it and move on to one of the other +4'000 servers.

Players who come on here grassing admins up for whatever reason do my nut.
                        Please get some money out of your pocket and host your own server.

Comment

Working...
                        X