A good flight sim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good flight sim?

I bought a joystick today for my 29th bday. Id like to know whats a good sim out there i can break my joystick in.

Re: A good flight sim?

2 that i can recommend but have very steep learning curves are Falcon 4.0 and Lock-on modern air combat. Falcon comes with a 750 page pdf. Both are quite hard but very rewarding once you've figured them out.

Comment

Have to agree with Falcon 4 or Lock On. Falcon 4 is very much a 'hardcore' sim, whereas LOMAC is a little bit more lightweight (you dont need to know the full start-up procedure for the F-16 just to turn the engines on).

If you're after WWII sims, then the best for that era is definately the IL2 series (IL2 : Forgotten Battles, IL2 : FB Aces Expansion, and Pacific Fighters). You can't go much wrong with them, and they're constantly being updated to incorporate new planes (and they're excellent online).

Have fun!

Comment

If your looking for a WWII series, IL2 sturmovik (mentioned above) with all the expansion packs is by FAR, the best simulator you can get. The physics are amzingly realistic. http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php I highly recommend it.

Comment

yep love il2 online - tonnes of fun... and runs well even on 100-250 ping... lol at the ww2 online as a flight sim remark - you have to pay to play tht lol

but seriously what it comes down to is coming from bf2 which is absolutely laughable when it comes to flight characteristics or a realistic representation of aerial combat. alot of il2 servers out there have got it set to really realistic settings - with no external views or tags with stuck in cockpit view.... simulater starts to get real boring to the non serious gamer then lol.... and i am guessing the newer setting flight sims servers are much the same (?)

- i am a serious gamer

Comment

F-19 stealth fighter for the C-64. Best sim ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
              lol at the ww2 online as a flight sim remark - you have to pay to play tht lol
              You'd be surprised at how good WWIIOL (or Battleground Europe) is. There's nothing like doing a CAP with 4 other Spitfires as your ground troops move in on a town, they call for support and you dive down from 20,000 feet to intercept the Ju-87s that are pounding their foward base. Then, as the German fighter support appears you call for backup and 6 other Spitfires arrive just in time. You limp back home, with fuel streaming out the back and land with 4 confirmed kills.

Or doing a CAS with your Hurricane MKIIc, 2 500lb bombs and 350 cannon rounds. Getting both bombs to land on top of a Panzer and watching him blow up feet from your infantry.

The pay to play is a bonus - it keeps away the children that plague BF2. Yes, it's not a hardout flight sim - but by god is it fun

Comment

Working...
              X