Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My stats have dissappeared!!!

Ok.. this is odd.

I was playing on a server today, everything was fine until i got the "there is a problem with your connection" message which lasted FAR longer than normal, it stayed on the screen for more than 2 minutes. I pressed escape, got the menu and pressed disconnect.

I went to the multiplayer tab and updated the servers list so I could join a different server, having assumed the one I was on crashed.

Upon joining the next server, I found I had no unlocks and my rank had gone from Master Sergant with almost 29000 points to private.

I thought this was a authentication bug so I disconnected and joined a different server.. same problem.

I then tried to exit the game and restart, thinking it was a problem on my side, but the menu froze. I couldn't click any of the buttons at all and even the ctrl+alt+delete didn't bring up the task manager window.

I was thinking maybe the screen is just stuck, so I tried ctrl+alt+delete again and blindly pressed B (for BF2 process entry) and pressed alt+E (for end process), to which I heard the familiar 'DING' proving the screen was just stuck with the non responsive BF2 menu. A press on the space bar later to 'click' the OK button and I managed to exit BF2 back to the desktop.

Now I restarted my computer hoping this would solve my rank problem and the computer restarted successfully with no errors.

Started up BF2, went to join another server and guess what.. still no unlocks and still a rank of private!

I then checked BF2HQ and found that ALL my stats had dissappeared!! EVERYTHING!
    Total time played is now 0, no medals or anything!

WTF?!

All my hard earned badges!!
    I had just managed to get Veteran badges for all the soldier classes and got the basic pistol and veteran knife and all the other badges (can't remember which ones were vet and basic) and now they are all gone!!!

Now when I check various stat sites I generally get the following:

http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf...ck=ThoughtForm

Thankfully 1 site is working off a few days old data and still has my profile pretty much intact, it should look something like this:

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofil...bf2id=44708973

Whats going on?

Do I have any chance of having my stats restored?

I just reinstalled BF2 from the 3 CD's and logged on again, my stats are still blank

Going to try reinstalling the 1.2 patch on my new reinstallation and see if that makes a difference.. heres crossing my fingers..

Re: My stats have dissappeared!!!

Just happened to me! Was fine 1 hr ago, now it's all gone!!!!

Comment

same here, everyone's having a problem. stats server must be down.

Comment

problem with the stats servers right now..

Comment

Just happened to me as well, although I have seen this before. It takes slightly longer than normal to log in when BF2 starts and when its finally logged in the stats are gone. I've heard this has something to do with gamespy. Last time it happened to me it took a while (less than a day though I think) for my stats to re-appear. Hope someone eventually fixes this cause its no fun having to play without the hard-earned unlocks....

Marcus.

Comment

Just happened 2 me was first sergant a minute ago and poof my stats are gone!!!

Comment

Me 2. This Is Messed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

happened to me to!

Comment

I just tried to play and I am back to the rank of Private and I was a Gunnery Sergeant with 2,321 points away from First Sergeant, I sure hope this bug gets worked out. I sure don't want to have to start over.

Comment

Blimey Ea Bug After Bug After Error !!shame Exellent Game Just Bad Management I Guess ??also Bad That Theres No Info Letting People Know Theres A Prob..thank God For Forums Aye

Comment

I hope they start everyone from scratch and make everyone privates.

Comment

They are back Let's hope it stays this way. I do believe though that we have earned an extra unlock for the scare, anyone agree?

Let's have a poll about this

Comment

They are back!!! But not everyone had this problem. My friend didn't lost his stats...

Comment

they are back? gonna go check right now!

Comment

hey guys, this sucks really bad. i am getting mighty ****ed with EA right now. it is just one mistake, or screw up after another. i mean arent patches supposed to help porlbems they created, instead of messing more up, and creating more.

anyways back to my point. my friends stats had been erased, but myn arent. weird eh? i dont get this?

Comment

Working...
                              X