Noob Question about TK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question about TK's

My buddies are all into BF2, I bought the game 3 weeks ago and found myself getting into it as well. I want to be a "good team player" and at the same time I don't want to try to figure out who is who because like in real war, you waste a second and your life is wasted.

Here is my question, for you experianced players, what is the fastest way to tell friend from foe?

There are many times were I hisitate to take a shot because I think, wait, that might be one of mine, next thing I know, that guy kills me and was in fact foe. Another time, I looked on my map and saw nothing but red dots infront of me, I proceed with caution, never a moment does a blue dot appear to show a friendly is there. All of the sudden a guy spawns right infront of me but I didn't notice that fact, two shots and I kill 'em. "You were punished for a TK."

How do you guys know while in the field of battle by just looking and not depending on the map that what you are targeting is friend or foe? The map doesn't help all the time, and the name tags are often lagged for too long to give a proper assesment of what side a player is on.

Thanks for any advice! I tried to search for TeamKill in the seach threat and you can't amagine how many post's would come up...well, maybe you can!

Re: Noob Question about TK's

The lack of a blue tag above their head is the quickest way for me. That and looking at the model.

Comment

I don't rely on the name tags beacuse they aren't accurate sometimes, I usually just looks at their uniform...you will learn to recognize them after a while. The only problem with uniform recognition is that snipers can be hard to tell.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Unununium! Often times the name tags take too long to appear, I mean, if it even takes half a second that is the differance between life and death in game. And by model's you mean to look at the charchter, what they are wearing and so on. That I do look for, then there are times though were they are too far to make out who's team they are on. I guess it's just part of the game to get TeamKill's or are there other things you do to know for certain before you pull the trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
          The lack of a blue tag above their head is the quickest way for me. That and looking at the model.
          Yeah, the blue name tag is a good way. But in case of the name tag bug the best bet is to just look at the uniform. If your USMC, just shoot evryone in a USMC uniform.

Comment

So there is a name tag bug? That's why for some people the tag never comes up? Thanks guys for the info. every little bit helps!

Comment

Originally posted by =FUGAZI=Adam
              Yeah, the blue name tag is a good way. But in case of the name tag bug the best bet is to just look at the uniform. If your USMC, just shoot evryone in a USMC uniform.
              You mean shoot everyone not in a USMC uniform

Comment

Originally posted by Loonyz
                So there is a name tag bug? That's why for some people the tag never comes up? Thanks guys for the info. every little bit helps!
                The name tag bug refers to someone on your team not having a tag and, when you look at them, they get a red tag above their head like an enemy. They also don't show up on your mini map. That's where knowing what the models look like comes in handy and makes the difference between a team damage and a teamkill.

Comment

You mean shoot everyone not in a USMC uniform
                  Yeah, I went back in my post to capitalize mec but I apperently changed it to USMC.

Comment

Hehe, thanks guy, I'll have to get over my-noobility and study up on my models... :-) Is there a good link to see you BHQ info. online rather then logging into the game?

Comment

Hehe, thanks guy, I'll have to get over my-noobility and study up on my models... :-) Is there a good link to see you BHQ info. online rather then logging into the game?
                      http://www.bf2s.com is a good online stats viewer. The whole stats system is borked for the time being, so it might not work properly.

Comment

Here is a good one http://www.bf2s.com/

Comment

http://www.bf2s.com is a good online stats viewer. The whole stats system is borked for the time being, so it might not work properly.
                          Beat me to it :laugh:

Comment

I remember the very first time I loaded up the demo, I said the exact same thing to my roomate. I was like wtf I can't tell who to shoot!!

But after a while it just becomes second nature through experience. You learn to identify the models instantly, but also you are constantly aware of your radar, and your situation at any given time. For example, if you are MEC on Karkand, you can look at your radar and see that almost all of the blue dots will be behind a certain line, usually near the south road. So anybody you see beyond that line is pretty much guaranteed to be a USMC.

Also, in good servers, you are almost always under a UAV, so you can see the enemy on radar before he even enters your field of view. I spend just as much time watching my radar, as I do watching the rest of the screen. If you haven't done so already, I recommend you bind the "radar zoom level" key to something more accessible. Most of the people I know, and myself all have it bound to our side mouse key.

Comment

Sweet, thanks, I tried that site before and it gave me some wierd points message before, but seems to work now!

Comment

Working...
                              X