Whats up with these forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with these forums

Over the past couple of weeks when i have tried to access this forum I have noticed a few times forums down as we move to a new provider yadda yadda yadda.

However everytime it is moved probably as the vast amount of users are taking up the monthly bandwidth too quickly, performance gets worse and worse, 50% of the time I try to refresh a page here my browser is becoming unresponsive and freezing, which browser does the forum creater/owner recomend. I.E. or firefox etc.

Is there anything we the users of this forum can do to help, ie not post so much garbage etc, try not to idle whilst logged in etc ?

Or is it just that the new host is poor ?

Re: Whats up with these forums

it's slow 4 me too

Comment

We can't even get people to glance at the list of new posts before they post something with the EXACT same topic, so reducing the number of garbage posts is unlikely. The performance is ok for me, just a bit annoying when the server randomly stops responding in the middle of a hotdebate.

Comment

Does anyone know of a thread where this had an official response? I fail at searching

Comment

Sometimes the whole site will stop working for me and I have to flushdns to get it to work again.

Comment

I enjoy a unified experience. A lot of games don't work properly, but it takes a special kind of game to break the forums too.

Comment

When I use IE it crashes every time. I'm having better success with firefox.

Comment

Comment

Don't worry, they're upgrading the server to a Pentium 3 anytime now...

Comment

nice Psyco, but seriously it dosnt help with all these noobs posting about 1.2 in like 5000 diffrent threads about it. They should clear some of the old stuff too, so the site isnt as big.

Comment

the forums are always slow and lock up for me quite frequently

Comment

they get totally broke for me too

server overload...

abort.. abort!...

Comment

Only thing I notice is an ocassional temp-lock up on specific threads... and the status bar in the bottom is trying to load someone's sig which happens to be a .png file.

I doubt that is causing anythinig for anyone but me.

Comment

Working...
                          X