best joystick for BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best joystick for BF2

well i want to get my air awards. what is the best joystick for Bf2? i have a logitech extreem 3d pro an the twist on the handle messes me up some. is there a good one that i should try to get ? or anyone got this joystick got any pointers?

Re: best joystick for BF2

Get used to using the handle twist for your rudder, it really helps with turns. As for the best joystick it's really a matter of preference. A lot of people seem to like the Extreme 3D that you're using, and I'm partial towards the Saitek Cyborg Evo.

Comment

ok thanks, are there any game profiles out? for the logtiech extreem 3d?

Comment

I wouldn't use a game profile, just configure the joystick through the in-game options.

Comment

It all depends on price range. If your willing to spend money, from what i can collect, the Saitek Cyborg Evo 52 (Okay, one too many words there :-/) is the best.

Comment

I have the logitech extreme 3d pro as well. The biggest help for me in jets, was to set the pitch and yaw sensitivity to 10. This lets you do very quick rolls and dives. I use the twist on mine as basically to rotate the jet left and right. I also use the same twist setting for choppers, but use the default lower sensitivity.

The large buttons on the left of the joystick I use for the different weapon modes (bombing or air to air) then positions (f1, f2, f3 etc) I had my trigger set as the main gun, but switched it to missiles/bombs and have the smaller button on the side set to the gun. The four buttons on the top are like so...the left two are two different camera angles (in the cockpit and looking at the front of the plane, to see guys behind me). and the other two I use for boost and flares.

To each his own, but this works pretty well for me

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
              I have the logitech extreme 3d pro as well. The biggest help for me in jets, was to set the pitch and yaw sensitivity to 10. This lets you do very quick rolls and dives. I use the twist on mine as basically to rotate the jet left and right. I also use the same twist setting for choppers, but use the default lower sensitivity.
              If you're talking about the options in game, aren't those for the mouse? I changed them and noticed no difference in handling.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                If you're talking about the options in game, aren't those for the mouse? I changed them and noticed no difference in handling.
                Nope, there are general control options...for the mouse. But there are also tabs for airplanes, choppers and vehicles. You can have different sensitivity and button settings for each!

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
                  Nope, there are general control options...for the mouse. But there are also tabs for airplanes, choppers and vehicles. You can have different sensitivity and button settings for each!
                  Yes but those sliders are for mouse sensitivity controls in that particular vehicle.

Comment

see on the joystick i got a prob with the plane goin out of control i guess need to set the sensetivity betteR?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRebel
                      see on the joystick i got a prob with the plane goin out of control i guess need to set the sensetivity betteR?
                      How does it go out of control? If you go above 800metres you'll lose control.

Comment

I was really talking about pitch and yaw sensitivity......

Comment

like after take off ill go to turn an it well turn but hard gettin back stright. ive got to turn way the other way an i wind up crashin in ocean i been practin on wake island

Comment

saitek st290 pro.. almost perfect and not to hard on the old wallet

Comment

I got a THRUSTMASTER.. just the standard model, got it for about $20usd and it aint very good but it does the job I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X