Crash to Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to Desktop

OK I just bought battlefield 2 and I love the game. . . . for the 5 minutes that I get to play before I get booted back to my desktop. It gets pretty frustrating. I have been tryin to figure it out but it just isn't working. I know its my video card, and tried to find a driver that supports this game but no luck. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated. Here are my specs:

Processor: Pentium (R)4 CPU 2.40Ghz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
    Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio

Any that could help me out I would . . . ummmm . . . say thanks?

Re: Crash to Desktop

Try running it in windowed mode to see if you get any pop-ups.

Right click the icon and change Fullscreen 1 to Fullscreen 0

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
      Try running it in windowed mode to see if you get any pop-ups.

Right click the icon and change Fullscreen 1 to Fullscreen 0

Ok tried it and then sound went choppy and repeating and then crashed to desktop, no pop-ups. I'm not getting any error message though. thanks for the help I'll take another idea if anyone has one.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo7727
        Ok tried it and then sound went choppy and repeating and then crashed to desktop, no pop-ups. I'm not getting any error message though. thanks for the help I'll take another idea if anyone has one.
        I had the same card and did this. Right click on desktop click properties/advanced/troubleshoot/ the move the bar two slots left. click ok or apply. That fixed it for me.

Comment

hey guys. i have a 6200 and i get stuttering sound which gives me screen lag. do u guys get it too?

Comment

Make Sure In Audio Settings In The Game Set It To Software Not Hardware.....that Should Work Then..i Hope BY THE WAY IM NOT A PRIVATE JUST THAT THE STATS ARE ALL DOWN WELL FOR MOST OF US ..

Comment

Originally posted by silentseeker
              Make Sure In Audio Settings In The Game Set It To Software Not Hardware.....that Should Work Then..i Hope BY THE WAY IM NOT A PRIVATE JUST THAT THE STATS ARE ALL DOWN WELL FOR MOST OF US ..

Caps lock key, right next to the "a". You rank here has to to with post count, not in game rank.

Comment

Originally posted by silentseeker
                well of course

Originally posted by SHADOW2492
                I had the same card and did this. Right click on desktop click properties/advanced/troubleshoot/ the move the bar two slots left. click ok or apply. That fixed it for me.
                also.... do i enable the write combining thing?!??!

Comment

anymore ideas for what I should do moving the bar 2 slots to the left did not work. Still getting sound stutter then booted to desktop.

Comment

look. if you have a HT on your processor. just go to your bios and disable it
                    also do a fresh install of the game. and disable the voip. that worked for me

Comment

soemtimes when a round starts the game srotof freezes and ctd...but i just reboot the game and sometimes it works nad sometimes not (btw i wish i had teh rank of major in bf2)

Comment

anymore ideas for what I should do moving the bar 2 slots to the left did not work. Still getting sound stutter then booted to desktop.
                        hey diablo, ur not alone. i just talked wit ea and they said 6200 r not supported. they thought the 6200 is the same as the 5950 so they didnt test, but really, it is a whole different card and tht is y we r getting lag. he didnt tell me aobut bringing this up to the next patching meeting.

Comment

hey thanks for that info I thought that my be the reason. Did they say anything about what I can do to play or do I just have to wait it out. Thanks again.

Comment

hey thanks for that info I thought that my be the reason. Did they say anything about what I can do to play or do I just have to wait it out. Thanks again.
                            they just told me to turn down the acceleration speed in the hardware thing (dxdiag). but it really doesnt work. it is the 6200.
                            for me, i am looking to buy a 6600.

Comment

if its any help i run the 5950 ultra
                              did the same to me aswell
                              added 512 more 3200 ram
                              helps alot not so many crashes no

Comment

Working...
                              X