Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do ppl punish for accidental parachute tk's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do ppl punish for accidental parachute tk's?

Has anyone else ever been parachuting to the plaza in warlord and somehow accidentally TK'd someone when you open your chute, only to see You have been punished for a teamkill on the screen?
    I think it's BS and from what I've heard pretty much everyone should know that its an accident by now...

Re: Why do ppl punish for accidental parachute tk's?

My squad was spawning on the squad leader on the building at the Chinese air base on Dragon Valley, we all parachuted down and I landed on a squadmate, TKing him. We were all on ventrilo and we had a good laugh about it, but we're all adults in the clan so we don't punish for any TKs.

Comment

Its cos sadly too many people instantly just hit punish as they are lame. Sadly they are also the same ones who bitch like hell if it happens to them. Its also weird and annoying when i've killed an enemy yet it somehow gets classed as a tk and i get punished by them!

Comment

Originally posted by cemmyz
        Its also weird and annoying when i've killed an enemy yet it somehow gets classed as a tk and i get punished by them!
        Have you tried those A2A missiles recently? Those are weird! They kill your opponent at once or just pass-by and go straight for your team's air-assets. Of course you get punished for that too rotfl...

Comment

Originally posted by 0wned_by_a_girl
          Has anyone else ever been parachuting to the plaza in warlord and somehow accidentally TK'd someone when you open your chute, only to see You have been punished for a teamkill on the screen?
          I think it's BS and from what I've heard pretty much everyone should know that its an accident by now...
          Who cares. Unless you're getting kicked from the server for too many TK's, the punishment just doesn't matter. Move on.

Comment

Never punish yourself. Soon the trend wil catch on.

Be a trend setter. Don't punish.

Comment

Ya, people don't even see what happened to them that got them tked, they just imediatly press the page down btton. BUt those guys are immature little kids. Also, some servers don't give u a choice of punish or no punish, it auto punishes for u. The good thing, is that people can't punish for road kills (running over somebody).

Comment

I dont punish unless i,m 100% sure it was someone tk,ing on purpose to get vehicle,or like last night an idiot who on purpose flew choppers into me and the squad i was in for no reason,and what made me even more angry i got 3 tk,s in one of them coz he jumped out just before contact and i blew up in the tank when the chopper hit and killed him and 2 of my squad,they forgave me but he punished me.Thankfully he was auto banned after a short while.

People continue to punish accidental tk,s,for gods sake dont punish on the first one at least,most of the time it is an accident.

But also be aware some ppl have turned of the *opt out of voting* in the OPTIONS and GAME OPTIONS if this is crossed in the box any tk that occurs the person will auto punish,so if you got *opt out of voting * crossed then uncross it.

Just think about it, it does,nt hurt ya brain....

Comment

i did get a kill once, but not a tk... tough i've heard bout it and awar of the issue i never punish..

Comment

Originally posted by 0wned_by_a_girl
                    i havent even seen this before.

While im usually the insurgents. RPG is the greatzors. So i cant say ive ever spawned at that one. As i never die...

Comment

Unfortunately, most of the BF2 players are just completely stupid.... Thats all there is to it...

Comment

Originally posted by (AEF)MadMax
                        I dont punish unless i,m 100% sure it was someone tk,ing on purpose to get vehicle,or like last night an idiot who on purpose flew choppers into me and the squad i was in for no reason,and what made me even more angry i got 3 tk,s in one of them coz he jumped out just before contact and i blew up in the tank when the chopper hit and killed him and 2 of my squad,they forgave me but he punished me.Thankfully he was auto banned after a short while.

People continue to punish accidental tk,s,for gods sake dont punish on the first one at least,most of the time it is an accident.

But also be aware some ppl have turned of the *opt out of voting* in the OPTIONS and GAME OPTIONS if this is crossed in the box any tk that occurs the person will auto punish,so if you got *opt out of voting * crossed then uncross it.

Just think about it, it does,nt hurt ya brain....
                        I was playing The Iron Gator today. and there was this guy on my team. anytime he saw a teammate he killed them. but he also killed enemies. so hes running after me waiting for me to stop so he could shoot me. i run into an enemy. im a sniper of all things. i shoot once and hit, with noscope. i switch to pistol aim and shoot 3 bullets. I kill both of them. This guy. just starts spamming. ****** teamkiller this and that. while hes at like -60. and of coarse he punished me.

Comment

I never TK on purpose, and i never punish for TK's unless it's obviously just some jackass. What i hate is when i'm in a bomber and i see a mass of enemy vehicles, bombs away....but a single friendly is down there setting C4 or something gets killed with them and f-ing punishes me. WTF!!!, do they realize i can't see them?....... i only see little squares and triangles.

Comment

Originally posted by (AEF)MadMax
                            I never knew that. Must type that instead of a bunch of cuss words. Spread the knowledge as well as the love

Comment

Originally posted by PigPopTart
                              WTF!!!, do they realize i can't see them?....... i only see little squares and triangles.
                              Those little blue dots on your minimap have a purpose, you know.

But with that said, as a guy who plays mostly SpecOps these days, I don't mind dying for the team given your bomb is likely to have more success than my C4 planting efforts.

About the parachute TK on Warlord, yeah, that was a big topic of discussion when SF first came out. As already stated, you were just punished by Punish Monkey who punishes anyone and everyone regardless of the circumstance.

I don't know if this has to do with the 1.2 patch (I've only played a few rounds and then decided to shelve the game until all the chaos died down), but I was playing on a vBF2 server that had a script going that displayed a server message (in cyan) citing how many punishes and how many forgives a person issued; it would be generated whenever they punished someone.

The server name is "SFR City - Urban Maps" and you guys should check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X